Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Have a look at the little 'Unai's first day - behind the scenes' video.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm not sure what I would have been wrong about. Presumably that Wenger should have gone years ago, rather than now.

I always explained that while he continued to achieve top four finishes I personally favoured him staying for sentimental/emotional reasons.

I'm not sure sentiment and emotion are things that you can be "wrong" about.
    I refer you to my comment on revisionism.

I don't recall you saying 'Wenger is under performing however because of what he has achieved and my resulting emotional attachment to him I would like him to stay'.

I recall you saying 'there is no rational basis for wanting him to leave and those who want him out are uneducated, illiterate scum who need a new hobby'.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I refer you to my comment on revisionism.

I don't recall you saying 'Wenger is under performing however because of what he has achieved and my resulting emotional attachment to him I would like him to stay'.

I recall you saying 'there is no rational basis for wanting him to leave and those who want him out are uneducated, illiterate scum who need a new hobby'.
    No rational basis other than my regularly stated opinion that a new manager may very well be the right decision?

I have never and would never call anyone who put a reasonable and balanced case forward for him leaving a cretin.