Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Have a look at the little 'Unai's first day - behind the scenes' video.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Still holding on, eh Monty?

Will be interesting to see your reaction if we get back into the top four and take a run at the league or CL. Will you hold your hand up and admit that you were wrong?

I'm guessing no, and the amount of revisionism will be quite overwhelming.

All signs so far are very good. He seems to be exactly what so many of us were looking for and the impact on the club and the support looks very promising, this mostly based on media feedback, admittedly.
    I'm not sure what I would have been wrong about. Presumably that Wenger should have gone years ago, rather than now.

I always explained that while he continued to achieve top four finishes I personally favoured him staying for sentimental/emotional reasons.

I'm not sure sentiment and emotion are things that you can be "wrong" about.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I would kindly ask you to respect my grieving process, thank you very much.

When someone's dad dies and their mother takes up with some other gobsh1te, do you tell the child to 'stop being a dick' because they refuse to call him daddy? Hmmm?
    He's gone to a better place, b - away from all the hateful ****s. New daddy going to buy some shiny new toys as well

I would kindly ask you to respect my grieving process, thank you very much.

When someone's dad dies and their mother takes up with some other gobsh1te, do you tell the child to 'stop being a dick' because they refuse to call him daddy? Hmmm?
    You spent several years telling your mummy to defenestrate daddy and whore herself to any number of 'uncles'.

Be nice to your new daddy and he'll be nice to you. Not in a creepy way, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He's gone to a better place, b - away from all the hateful ****s. New daddy going to buy some shiny new toys as well
    You're so easily bought, la.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm not sure what I would have been wrong about. Presumably that Wenger should have gone years ago, rather than now.

I always explained that while he continued to achieve top four finishes I personally favoured him staying for sentimental/emotional reasons.

I'm not sure sentiment and emotion are things that you can be "wrong" about.
    I refer you to my comment on revisionism.

I don't recall you saying 'Wenger is under performing however because of what he has achieved and my resulting emotional attachment to him I would like him to stay'.

I recall you saying 'there is no rational basis for wanting him to leave and those who want him out are uneducated, illiterate scum who need a new hobby'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You spent several years telling your mummy to defenestrate daddy and whore herself to any number of 'uncles'.

Be nice to your new daddy and he'll be nice to you. Not in a creepy way, hopefully.
    But you see my guilt is very much part of my reaction. All children have angrily wished their parents would fvck off at one point or another. So when it actually happens, it's bound to make one's reaction much more acute.

You're so easily bought, la.
    Can't deny that, b. In proper news, Wood in for the first Test of the summer and we've chosen to bat in dodgy-ish conditions. Could be a short match

But you see my guilt is very much part of my reaction. All children have angrily wished their parents would fvck off at one point or another. So when it actually happens, it's bound to make one's reaction much more acute.
    Fúcking hell, you're having a temper tantrum because you feel bad about your previous temper tantrums?

Quite the little princess, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Stop being a dick
    Where is Dick??
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I refer you to my comment on revisionism.

I don't recall you saying 'Wenger is under performing however because of what he has achieved and my resulting emotional attachment to him I would like him to stay'.

I recall you saying 'there is no rational basis for wanting him to leave and those who want him out are uneducated, illiterate scum who need a new hobby'.
    No rational basis other than my regularly stated opinion that a new manager may very well be the right decision?

I have never and would never call anyone who put a reasonable and balanced case forward for him leaving a cretin.