Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Have a look at the little 'Unai's first day - behind the scenes' video.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    He's ripe for ridicule, from his accent to his face to his general demeanor. He looked to me like someone who accidently got the job. A kind of Spanish Chauncey Gardiner...
    Still holding on, eh Monty?

Will be interesting to see your reaction if we get back into the top four and take a run at the league or CL. Will you hold your hand up and admit that you were wrong?

I'm guessing no, and the amount of revisionism will be quite overwhelming.

All signs so far are very good. He seems to be exactly what so many of us were looking for and the impact on the club and the support looks very promising, this mostly based on media feedback, admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Will be interesting to see your reaction if we get back into the top four and take a run at the league or CL. Will you hold your hand up and admit that you were wrong?

All signs so far are very good. He seems to be exactly what so many of us were looking for and the impact on the club and the support looks very promising, this mostly based on media feedback, admittedly.
    Unai told me he hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Unai told me he hates you.
    Liar.

Unai and I are like peas in a pod. He tends to sulk when I don't him enough attention, mind. Perhaps you caught him in such a moment.

If he sells Ramsey, I may move in with him.

I'm not sure what I would have been wrong about. Presumably that Wenger should have gone years ago, rather than now.

I always explained that while he continued to achieve top four finishes I personally favoured him staying for sentimental/emotional reasons.

I'm not sure sentiment and emotion are things that you can be "wrong" about.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm not sure what I would have been wrong about. Presumably that Wenger should have gone years ago, rather than now.

I always explained that while he continued to achieve top four finishes I personally favoured him staying for sentimental/emotional reasons.

I'm not sure sentiment and emotion are things that you can be "wrong" about.
    I refer you to my comment on revisionism.

I don't recall you saying 'Wenger is under performing however because of what he has achieved and my resulting emotional attachment to him I would like him to stay'.

I recall you saying 'there is no rational basis for wanting him to leave and those who want him out are uneducated, illiterate scum who need a new hobby'.

I refer you to my comment on revisionism.

I don't recall you saying 'Wenger is under performing however because of what he has achieved and my resulting emotional attachment to him I would like him to stay'.

I recall you saying 'there is no rational basis for wanting him to leave and those who want him out are uneducated, illiterate scum who need a new hobby'.
    No rational basis other than my regularly stated opinion that a new manager may very well be the right decision?

I have never and would never call anyone who put a reasonable and balanced case forward for him leaving a cretin.