Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Gosh no. I just meant that it's a huge fúcker and obviously meant to be obvious. Watches are becoming much bigger, of course. My Breitlings are both 42mm, but the smallest they make now is 48 and most are up in the 50s. I can't carry such bulky timepieces since I have the wrists of a ballerina.
    And the arse'ole of a fish wife

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyPearce View Post
    It is a Ullyses Nardin.

He also has a beautiful FP Journe.

Kind Regards,

Mickey Pearce
    Cheers Mickey.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    It is how an estate agent or double glazing salesman signals his success. A gentlemen would have nothing to do with them and I'm a little disappointed that c shows even the slightest interest.
    A gentleman's watch collection, like his car collection, should encompass different varieties of watch, suitable for different occasions.

One wouldn't drive a Ferrari to the supermarket, would one? One would take, perhaps, a G Wagon or M5. In the same way, one wouldn't countenance wearing an IWC Portofino to the beach. That would be madness. One would choose an Omega Seamaster, perhaps.

Gosh no. I just meant that it's a huge fúcker and obviously meant to be obvious. Watches are becoming much bigger, of course. My Breitlings are both 42mm, but the smallest they make now is 48 and most are up in the 50s. I can't carry such bulky timepieces since I have the wrists of a ballerina.
    I have to admit I find such monsters rather ugly and silly-looking. When did we decide that a bulky watch was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I have to admit I find such monsters rather ugly and silly-looking. When did we decide that a bulky watch was a good idea?
    I suspect that the bulking iup happened when watchmakers began to chase the emergence of money amongst vulgarians. The Yanqui 100 years ago, then the Arab, then the Russians and the Chinese. These people, who like to holiday in Dubai, are interested only in show, not quality.

I suspect that the bulking iup happened when watchmakers began to chase the emergence of money amongst vulgarians. The Yanqui 100 years ago, then the Arab, then the Russians and the Chinese. These people, who like to holiday in Dubai, are interested only in show, not quality.
    Personally, as you know, I prefer a Breguet Repeater on a discreet silver chain.

Personally, as you know, I prefer a Breguet Repeater on a discreet silver chain.
    I have my father's pocket watch, which my mother bought for him in the mid-70s. It is a Jaeger Lecoultre, suggesting to me that the business must have had a very good year

Unfortunately, it is very 1970s indeed. Extremely 1970s.

A gentleman's watch collection, like his car collection, should encompass different varieties of watch, suitable for different occasions.

One wouldn't drive a Ferrari to the supermarket, would one? One would take, perhaps, a G Wagon or M5. In the same way, one wouldn't countenance wearing an IWC Portofino to the beach. That would be madness. One would choose an Omega Seamaster, perhaps.
    So I need to move to the beach?

Blame Flavor Flav, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I have my father's pocket watch, which my mother bought for him in the mid-70s. It is a Jaeger Lecoultre, suggesting to me that the business must have had a very good year

Unfortunately, it is very 1970s indeed. Extremely 1970s.
    Nice. I think you ought to revive it.

Listening to all the O'Brians one after the other is affecting my mind and vocabulary. I have to stop myself calling bread 'soft tack' and telling people to 'belay that'.