Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nice. I think you ought to revive it.

Listening to all the O'Brians one after the other is affecting my mind and vocabulary. I have to stop myself calling bread 'soft tack' and telling people to 'belay that'.
    "Which it's coming ain't it?" is a phrase often heard round my gaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Which it's coming ain't it?" is a phrase often heard round my gaff.
    The other day, I couldn't get 'Spanish Ladies' out of my head and had no idea why until I started listening again and realised I'd fallen asleep the night before while listening to a passage where they'd sung it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    So I need to move to the beach?
    The beauty of the Seamaster is its versatility. Indeed, I wear mine as my 'every day' watch.

I would go so far as to say that a gentleman who has fallen on hard times could theoretically restrict himself just to a Seamaster and consider himself adequately equipped in the horological department.

The beauty of the Seamaster is its versatility. Indeed, I wear mine as my 'every day' watch.

I would go so far as to say that a gentleman who has fallen on hard times could theoretically restrict himself just to a Seamaster and consider himself adequately equipped in the horological department.
    That's lucky. It is my everyday watch. Also, my only watch.

Sir C...was unaware there was fellow watch collector on here.

Any nice pieces in your collection?

My last purchase was a 1970s Enicar day date. Literally one of the last before the quartz revolution shut them down. Got it for £300 from a collector buddy in Austria.

It’s untouched but I’ve seen polished ones go for 3x as much on Chrono24.

Happy with my old time piece.

When I’m in Basel I go with my Omega Seamaster 40th Bond Anniversary special edition with the scope dial and 007 counterweight on the seconds hand and my rose gold Oris Big Crown day date pointer.

But it’s Basel so you get Uber drivers with Rolex GMTs

Did you go for the mid-size Seamaster?

What with you having girl's wrists, and that...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Blame Flavor Flav, imo.

yeah boy!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Sir C...was unaware there was fellow watch collector on here.

Any nice pieces in your collection?

My last purchase was a 1970s Enicar day date. Literally one of the last before the quartz revolution shut them down. Got it for £300 from a collector buddy in Austria.

It’s untouched but I’ve seen polished ones go for 3x as much on Chrono24.

Happy with my old time piece.

When I’m in Basel I go with my Omega Seamaster 40th Bond Anniversary special edition with the scope dial and 007 counterweight on the seconds hand and my rose gold Oris Big Crown day date pointer.

But it’s Basel so you get Uber drivers with Rolex GMTs
    When I bought my Seamaster the chap tried to upsell me to the James Bond special edition, which I declined. I see that they are now worth all sorts of fortunes

I have a Breitling Navitimer ll SE, Breitling Aerospace, the Seamaster obviously, IWC Portofino, Tag Monaco Calibre 12 (my favourite watch), a Bremont, my father's ugly 1970s Jaeger Lecoultre fob watch and my grandfather's 1920s Longines dress watch.

There are just two that I would like to add: an IWC Portuguese Chrono and, one day with God's blessing, a Patek Phillipe.

When I bought my Seamaster the chap tried to upsell me to the James Bond special edition, which I declined. I see that they are now worth all sorts of fortunes

I have a Breitling Navitimer ll SE, Breitling Aerospace, the Seamaster obviously, IWC Portofino, Tag Monaco Calibre 12 (my favourite watch), a Bremont, my father's ugly 1970s Jaeger Lecoultre fob watch and my grandfather's 1920s Longines dress watch.

There are just two that I would like to add: an IWC Portuguese Chrono and, one day with God's blessing, a Patek Phillipe.

Well I guess it's a choice between those and actually ever retiring.

But you never own a Patek Phillipe you just look after it for the next generation