Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No, I haven't.
    I'm only messsing, of course. This is eminently sensible.

However, would it not hurt a little to part with them? I know how you treasure them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm only messsing, of course. This is eminently sensible.

However, would it not hurt a little to part with them? I know how you treasure them.
    I speak only theoretically. There will be lots of decisions and crunching of numbers to do; I'm just being pragmatic about it really. The reality is, if I do actually go through with getting off the treadmill at 55ish, I won't have the same income I have now, but I don't yet know what that might mean exactly.

I speak only theoretically. There will be lots of decisions and crunching of numbers to do; I'm just being pragmatic about it really. The reality is, if I do actually go through with getting off the treadmill at 55ish, I won't have the same income I have now, but I don't yet know what that might mean exactly.
    You could always become a cat sitter. We're off to Paris next week and have engaged one. Basically, he's a old retired chap who toddles about feeding cats, watering plants and turning lights on and off. It struck me as very sensible.

I am a bit worried about what happens if the cvnt drops dead while people are away on holiday, though. Will our cats simply go un-fed?

You could always become a cat sitter. We're off to Paris next week and have engaged one. Basically, he's a old retired chap who toddles about feeding cats, watering plants and turning lights on and off. It struck me as very sensible.

I am a bit worried about what happens if the cvnt drops dead while people are away on holiday, though. Will our cats simply go un-fed?
    The cats will eat hi. Easy.

I'm more and more interested in the B&B idea. 2 en suite bedrooms should easily return you £25k a year. That's enough to spend January in Asia and have something left over for christmas. And I can offer Eggs Benedict.

The cats will eat hi. Easy.

I'm more and more interested in the B&B idea. 2 en suite bedrooms should easily return you £25k a year. That's enough to spend January in Asia and have something left over for christmas. And I can offer Eggs Benedict.
    Initially, I read 'Asia' as 'Asda' and was very confused.

I do just worry that your innate misanthropy will be a problem, but I can see the attraction. You'll just have to get your head back into business mode.

Initially, I read 'Asia' as 'Asda' and was very confused.

I do just worry that your innate misanthropy will be a problem, but I can see the attraction. You'll just have to get your head back into business mode.
    I definitely wouldn't do it if it meant going into business mode. I'd only do it for the pocket money and the fun. It would simply be a cosy family endeavour. I do dislike people, but I am naturally hospitable, so I suspect my delight in offering comfort and generosity will override my natural antipathy to individuals.

Any gobshíte would simply be ejected from the premises.

I definitely wouldn't do it if it meant going into business mode. I'd only do it for the pocket money and the fun. It would simply be a cosy family endeavour. I do dislike people, but I am naturally hospitable, so I suspect my delight in offering comfort and generosity will override my natural antipathy to individuals.

Any gobshíte would simply be ejected from the premises.
    That's the problem, though. You can't be sure that whoever you invite won't be a gobsh1te, can you? And your simple dislike of them for being ugly/northern/ignorant/graceless isn't reason enough to kick them out. You may have to endure the presence of people you actively dislike in YOUR house for long-ish periods of time. I think you underestimate the toll that would take on you.

That's the problem, though. You can't be sure that whoever you invite won't be a gobsh1te, can you? And your simple dislike of them for being ugly/northern/ignorant/graceless isn't reason enough to kick them out. You may have to endure the presence of people you actively dislike in YOUR house for long-ish periods of time. I think you underestimate the toll that would take on you.
    A bit like when the in-laws visit?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    A bit like when the in-laws visit?
    Exactly, p. Exactly.

Sir C "A gentleman's watch collection, like his car collection, should encompass different varieties of watch, suitable for different occasions."

My Dad never wears his Rolex with short-sleeve weather
    10 characters? Pile of cund.