Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Thoughts on Solo...very disappointed the made Lando a

Thoughts on Solo...very disappointed the made Lando a

Battyboy.

Shameful. Why couldn’t they make Chewbacca gay. No one likes him.

Fkin billy dee Williams...can’t believe it

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Battyboy.

Very odd, as in Empire Strikes Back he's clearly got an eye for Leia

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Battyboy.

Everything now has to be tainted with a bit of identity politics, t. It's why you end up with Wilkie Collins adaptations in which Victorian London is apparently teeming with South Asians and West Indians, while sexual ambiguity or gender fluidity has to be shoehorned into everything from Dr Who to Star Wars.

My wife and I play a little game. Whenever we watch a BBC TV programme set in the past, we see who'll be the first to spot a historically-incongruous ethnic character. It usually takes less than five minutes these days.
    Last edited by Burney; 05-24-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Very odd, as in Empire Strikes Back he's clearly got an eye for Leia
    He was only human, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My wife and I play a little game. Whenever we watch a BBC TV programme set in the past, we see who'll be the first to spot a historically-incongruous ethnic character. It usually takes less than five minutes these days.
    You and your wife must be much in demand as dinner party guests.

Everything now has to be tainted with a bit of identity politics, t. It's why you end up with Wilkie Collins adaptations in which Victorian London is apparently teeming with South Asians and West Indians, while sexual ambiguity or gender fluidity has to be shoehorned into everything from Dr Who to Star Wars.

Same at the theatre. One's suspension of disbelief is often suspended, if you take my meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Same at the theatre. One's suspension of disbelief is often suspended, if you take my meaning.
    Yes. And, as Quentin Letts discovered, if you dare object to the fact that your ability to immerse yourself in a fiction (and thus enjoyment) is being seriously compromised by the fact that an 18th Century English Squire is being played by a black bloke, you will be roundly condemned as racist.

David Beckham playing a Cockney security guard in that King Arthur film. Ridiculous identity politics pandering.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."