Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Any cool spots in Hong Kong? I realize it's fallen off a bit since 1999, but

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Whilst one may encounter the occasional flob in Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia or Laos, there is no Chinee who loves a hawk and a phlegm like a Chinee Chinee, if you take my meaning.

Come to think of it, the good people of the sub-continent are also enthusiastic gobbers, but then they also enjoy a good shíte in the street, so I guess they're in a league of their own.

I haven't really spent much time amongst Johnny Ayrab, but my guess is that he isn't averse to clearing his tubes, either.
    Yes. I remember reading Eric Newby in his 'Slowly Up The Ganges' writing about about being awoken every morning by the dawn chorus of the various boat chaps hawking violently prior to producing the inevitable 'Bengal Oyster'.

I also remember taking my daughter to Chinatown for the first time, where she was fascinated by the sight and sound of a chinaman hawking extravagantly prior to spitting something of the rough dimensions of a billiard ball into a bin.
    Last edited by Burney; 05-24-2018 at 01:30 PM.