Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any cool spots in Hong Kong? I realize it's fallen off a bit since 1999, but

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Whilst one may encounter the occasional flob in Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia or Laos, there is no Chinee who loves a hawk and a phlegm like a Chinee Chinee, if you take my meaning.

Come to think of it, the good people of the sub-continent are also enthusiastic gobbers, but then they also enjoy a good shíte in the street, so I guess they're in a league of their own.

I haven't really spent much time amongst Johnny Ayrab, but my guess is that he isn't averse to clearing his tubes, either.
    Yes. I remember reading Eric Newby in his 'Slowly Up The Ganges' writing about about being awoken every morning by the dawn chorus of the various boat chaps hawking violently prior to producing the inevitable 'Bengal Oyster'.

I also remember taking my daughter to Chinatown for the first time, where she was fascinated by the sight and sound of a chinaman hawking extravagantly prior to spitting something of the rough dimensions of a billiard ball into a bin.
    Last edited by Burney; 05-24-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. I remember reading Eric Newby in his 'Slowly Up The Ganges' writing about about being awoken every morning by the dawn chorus of the various boat chaps hawking violently prior to producing the inevitable 'Bengal Oyster'.

I also remember taking my daughter to Chinatown for the first time, where she was fascinated by the sight and sound of a chinaman hawking extravagantly prior to spitting something of the rough dimensions of a billiard ball into a bin.
    Foreigners. Savages, I'm afraid.

Foreigners. Savages, I'm afraid.
    Sadly, yes. Still, just imagine how much worse they'd be if we hadn't got our civilising hands on them.

What is it with your Indian and pooing in the street? I mean there have to be better places to drop your keks and unload, don't there? Behind a bush or on a traffic island, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sadly, yes. Still, just imagine how much worse they'd be if we hadn't got our civilising hands on them.

What is it with your Indian and pooing in the street? I mean there have to be better places to drop your keks and unload, don't there? Behind a bush or on a traffic island, ffs.
    I remember once being stuck in an idyllic spot somehwre in the middle of nowhere, Rajasthan, waiting for my driver to change a puncture. It was late afternoon, the heat was enervating, and I sat by the vehicle peering vaguely into the ploughed field next to us. A chap walked up, nodded a greeting, walked 20 yards into the field directly in front of me, lifted his skirts, sat and shat.

Without any sort of wipe he then stood, walked back, nodded farewell and wandered off.

I often still question his thought process. Did he take a dump right in front of me as a sort of comment on the Raj? I'd be surprised, since he seemed friendly enough. Perhaps he simply didn't wish to be lonely?

The Indian government has been working hard to persuade the population to use toilets, but apparently with limited success.

I don't know. I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Great man. Sh!t, it does kind of suck that I'll miss you. Friendly round eye face and all that. I'm having meetings in Manila before that, then jumping over to Hong Kong. Hey, I got a ten year work visa. If things go south for me Stateside I can sell peanuts on a corner in one of them places.

I'm returning to your advice once I am on the ground. Definitely checking out that race track. It comes into a LeCarre novel, so am curious.
    Bars in LKF
    China Bar - at the perfect intersection to people watch and does a good happy hour price on pints of San Miguel, it's always where we start
    Goldeneye - one street up and a few flights of stairs, it was where all the models went and I did have a few nights there surrounded by very tall very attractive women wearing very short dresses, now it's filled with Russian prostitutes
    Chom Chom for food - Vietnamese tapas and about the best food I've had in HK, not a local in sight interestingly enough
    Chilli Fagara - if you like hot food, I went there with people from Sichuan and they had to ask for it to be spiced down for the westerner, very hot but was very good

Bar hop - walk out of China Bar and go left or right and just follow the streets around, virtually every bar will be mostly full and have something interesting about it.

And one trip to a girly bar in Wan Chai is worth a look. If you pick the right one it will look like a normal bar around8pm and then about 9:30pm or so you'll find that loads of women appear and they're all prozzies. And some will be stunners.

Enjoy.

I remember once being stuck in an idyllic spot somehwre in the middle of nowhere, Rajasthan, waiting for my driver to change a puncture. It was late afternoon, the heat was enervating, and I sat by the vehicle peering vaguely into the ploughed field next to us. A chap walked up, nodded a greeting, walked 20 yards into the field directly in front of me, lifted his skirts, sat and shat.

Without any sort of wipe he then stood, walked back, nodded farewell and wandered off.

I often still question his thought process. Did he take a dump right in front of me as a sort of comment on the Raj? I'd be surprised, since he seemed friendly enough. Perhaps he simply didn't wish to be lonely?

The Indian government has been working hard to persuade the population to use toilets, but apparently with limited success.

I don't know. I really don't know.
    I know someone who experienced the exact same thing.

In Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I know someone who experienced the exact same thing.

In Rome.
    Does the Pope **** in the woods then?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Bars in LKF
    China Bar - at the perfect intersection to people watch and does a good happy hour price on pints of San Miguel, it's always where we start
    Goldeneye - one street up and a few flights of stairs, it was where all the models went and I did have a few nights there surrounded by very tall very attractive women wearing very short dresses, now it's filled with Russian prostitutes
    Chom Chom for food - Vietnamese tapas and about the best food I've had in HK, not a local in sight interestingly enough
    Chilli Fagara - if you like hot food, I went there with people from Sichuan and they had to ask for it to be spiced down for the westerner, very hot but was very good

Bar hop - walk out of China Bar and go left or right and just follow the streets around, virtually every bar will be mostly full and have something interesting about it.

And one trip to a girly bar in Wan Chai is worth a look. If you pick the right one it will look like a normal bar around8pm and then about 9:30pm or so you'll find that loads of women appear and they're all prozzies. And some will be stunners.

Enjoy.
    Awesome

..... .....
    Last edited by eastgermanautos; 06-10-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    ..... .....
    I was going to regale you with tales of prostitutes but decided it's not appropriate. Instead I'm watching cricket. Go England! It's tight, tight.