Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forgot to mention that I got burgled last Friday

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I actually think it's brilliant, sound is amazing and have got a Boost to ensure no dropouts, even though I've got superfast fibre broadband
    Yeah I won't complain about the speakers, very good quality for the money. It's just that I rarely use any Sonos functionality, I use the apps that allow me to stream music.

What music streaming app are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yeah I won't complain about the speakers, very good quality for the money. It's just that I rarely use any Sonos functionality, I use the apps that allow me to stream music.

What music streaming app are you using?
    Spotify, it's seemless with Sonos and my Sonos Ones have Alexa, so I can just do it by voice

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Sorry to hear that wes.

Burglary. A truly despicable crime.
    Little Miss WES phoned me at my desk - all I heard was <sob> <sob> <sob> Mummy <sob> <sob> <sob> Mummy

Which, to say the least, scared the hell out of me. She was trying to tell me that we had been burgled and that Mummy was on the phone to the police.

The women of the house are now massively paranoid and locking pretty much everything. My point to them was that these people run when they see anyone at home and that it is almost certainly going to happen again.

Sad but true.

Spotify, it's seemless with Sonos and my Sonos Ones have Alexa, so I can just do it by voice
    And not that I would wish to flog a dead horse (see also Aaron Ramsey) but what if you didn't have Sonos? You would just connect to a different speaker using Bluetooth and then use Spotify right?

And not that I would wish to flog a dead horse (see also Aaron Ramsey) but what if you didn't have Sonos? You would just connect to a different speaker using Bluetooth and then use Spotify right?
    Yes but as bluetooth, it cuts when I get a phone call, any notification, etc. Also as I am using mostly through telly, I can't set a bluetooth speaker up as the telly doesn't have bluetooth and even if it did, the cut outs would be even more annoying!

Yes but as bluetooth, it cuts when I get a phone call, any notification, etc. Also as I am using mostly through telly, I can't set a bluetooth speaker up as the telly doesn't have bluetooth and even if it did, the cut outs would be even more annoying!
    You could use your iPad for Spotify. We don't use Sonos with the telly so not an issue for me. Surprised you can connect your telly to the Sonos controller but it doesn't have Bluetooth.

Anyway, sounds like it's more suited to you than me as the only real reason I would ever use it is multi-room and we now realize we never use that.

Enjoy!

You could use your iPad for Spotify. We don't use Sonos with the telly so not an issue for me. Surprised you can connect your telly to the Sonos controller but it doesn't have Bluetooth.

Anyway, sounds like it's more suited to you than me as the only real reason I would ever use it is multi-room and we now realize we never use that.

Enjoy!
    The ipad still gets notifications and as I can receive calls through the wifi, it still rings and cuts through the bluetooth. The Playbar connects to the telly via optical cable, then meshes via wifi across the rest of the speakers.

The ipad still gets notifications and as I can receive calls through the wifi, it still rings and cuts through the bluetooth. The Playbar connects to the telly via optical cable, then meshes via wifi across the rest of the speakers.
    This is like listening in to two old fellas standing at the end of the bar, hoping they soon move on to the best way from Godalming to Salisbury now they've got those roadworks on the A303.

Little Miss WES phoned me at my desk - all I heard was <sob> <sob> <sob> Mummy <sob> <sob> <sob> Mummy

Which, to say the least, scared the hell out of me. She was trying to tell me that we had been burgled and that Mummy was on the phone to the police.

The women of the house are now massively paranoid and locking pretty much everything. My point to them was that these people run when they see anyone at home and that it is almost certainly going to happen again.

Sad but true.

This is ****.

The aftermath of the burglary is always said to be worse than the loss of material items hopefully most of which can be replaced.

FTR it probably was the travellers, filthy thieving fúckers that they are. Probably from Limerick.

Say no more.