Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Visit Rwanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a scam. It's got to be a scam. Rwanda is a beautiful country with one real tourist attraction - gorilla trekking. Other wise you're looking at a genocide museum in an oppressive, corrupt dictatorship. There isn't even capacity to expand the number of gorilla visitors - you already have to apply for a permit months and months in advance. There's almost no tourist infrastructure. Getting to Kigali costs a fortune, prices within Rwanda are extraordinarily high by African standards, and the permits for gorilla treks are ablut $1,000 a day.

In short, advertising tourism in Rwanda is a complete waste of money, but advertising tourism in Rwanda to football fans is simple lunacy.

It's a scam.
    So some way to go before it's a match for the UAE then

#5monthstofujairah

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The president is a big Arsenal fan. I think he's trying to bolster our warchest.
    This is what we need to get round FFP, in a Man City stylee.

If we can persuade the Clown Prince bin Salman of the Wahhabist Kingdom of Salafist Headchoppers to 'sponsor' us (we can wear 'ISIL' on our socks, perhaps) he can give us billions of *** free money ***.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

#5monthstofujairah
    You make a good point., I could perfectly understand the UAE tourist board marketing itself to football supporters - they sit right in the middle of their target market. Uneducated, vulgar cretins, happy to eat microwaved generic 'food' served in blinged up mausolea of taste in between slobbing out in a desert of concrete next to a pit filled with eye-stinging chemicals.

Trying to attract the sort of traveller who is happy to work through discomfort, fear and pain to experience nature in the raw and immerse himself in entirely alien cultures seems to me a big ask at a football match.

You make a good point., I could perfectly understand the UAE tourist board marketing itself to football supporters - they sit right in the middle of their target market. Uneducated, vulgar cretins, happy to eat microwaved generic 'food' served in blinged up mausolea of taste in between slobbing out in a desert of concrete next to a pit filled with eye-stinging chemicals.

Trying to attract the sort of traveller who is happy to work through discomfort, fear and pain to experience nature in the raw and immerse himself in entirely alien cultures seems to me a big ask at a football match.
    Just soooooooooooo easy

And a wiley AWIMB veteran likes Charles, as well.

Just soooooooooooo easy

And a wiley AWIMB veteran likes Charles, as well.
    A chap likes to stay in practice, wes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is what we need to get round FFP, in a Man City stylee.

If we can persuade the Clown Prince bin Salman of the Wahhabist Kingdom of Salafist Headchoppers to 'sponsor' us (we can wear 'ISIL' on our socks, perhaps) he can give us billions of *** free money ***.
    Coursing and falconry exhibitions on the pitch at half-time?

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

#5monthstofujairah
    Where in Fujairah does the WES clan visit? Been to Dubai a couple of times, stayed at Al Qasr (spelling) was v nice, couldn't afford it now we have too many kids
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Funnily enough, discomfort, fear and pain pretty much summed up the experience of watching football in the bad/good* old days.

Also insert something about these days alien cultures come to us.

*delete as per preference

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Coursing and falconry exhibitions on the pitch at half-time?
    Sounds good.

Actually, could we release the hounds while the players are still on the pitch? Might get them moving into some space a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Funnily enough, discomfort, fear and pain pretty much summed up the experience of watching football in the bad/good* old days.

Also insert something about these days alien cultures come to us.

*delete as per preference
    These are very good points, a, but slightly undermine my sneering at wes.

You should never undermine a chap's capacity to sneer at wes.