Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Visit Rwanda?

It’s times like this that I wish my holidays were more like Charles. The wife and children have always wanted to fly hours in order to see a Genocide Museum and there’s me taking them to 5 star resorts and cities filled with history, culture, architecture and great food.

It’s virtually child abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Thinking about it, one assumes that the priest had God on his side.
    Maybe he knew where the load-bearing walls were?

Anyway, it’s all about the colonial masters favouring the more Semitic Tutsi minority over the more obviously negroid Hutu majority, apparently. So whitey’s fault, obvs. Heaven forfend we hold black people responsible for their actions, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    one doesn't have to pay attention to the mere details, a.
    In my experience one does, especially if there are potential propaganda points to be scored. Note that I am not doubting the veracity of this particular story or the accuracy with which it was retold here. I am just, perhaps callously, a little bit cautious about atrocity stories if something doesn't quite feel right about them.

For example, victims of an alleged chemical attack who were recorded arriving in hospital before the alleged attack actually took place. Something slightly odd about that imo.

Perhaps in this case the blade thingy of the bulldozer was bigger than the actual church, just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, I know. I read about it in ‘We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families’, which is an almost comically depressing read.

I blame the Belgians. Or the French. Anyway, it’s not one of ours, thank God.
    Of course the Kigali genocide museum doesn't really stand up to the Phnom Penh genocide museum. The Cambodians cunningly built their museum on the site of a massive execution centre, so are able gleefully to point out the bones which still work their way to the surface each day, as well as delights such as the tree against which babies' heads were smashed in order to save bullets.

I'm quite the connoisseur of the genocide museum, me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    In my experience one does, especially if there are potential propaganda points to be scored. Note that I am not doubting the veracity of this particular story or the accuracy with which it was retold here. I am just, perhaps callously, a little bit cautious about atrocity stories if something doesn't quite feel right about them.

For example, victims of an alleged chemical attack who were recorded arriving in hospital before the alleged attack actually took place. Something slightly odd about that imo.

Perhaps in this case the blade thingy of the bulldozer was bigger than the actual church, just to be safe.
    ...says the noted Serb-fancier

Maybe he knew where the load-bearing walls were?

Anyway, it’s all about the colonial masters favouring the more Semitic Tutsi minority over the more obviously negroid Hutu majority, apparently. So whitey’s fault, obvs. Heaven forfend we hold black people responsible for their actions, eh?
    The funny thing is how piss-terrified they are of it all kicking off again at any moment. Indeed, without Kagame's 'firm hand' (fascist dictatorship) they would definitely have been at it again. They love a good old genocide, those fúckers. Also, plenty rapey.

As you say, clearly the fault of whitey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of course the Kigali genocide museum doesn't really stand up to the Phnom Penh genocide museum. The Cambodians cunningly built their museum on the site of a massive execution centre, so are able gleefully to point out the bones which still work their way to the surface each day, as well as delights such as the tree against which babies' heads were smashed in order to save bullets.

I'm quite the connoisseur of the genocide museum, me.
    Auschwitz next year, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    It’s times like this that I wish my holidays were more like Charles. The wife and children have always wanted to fly hours in order to see a Genocide Museum and there’s me taking them to 5 star resorts and cities filled with history, culture, architecture and great food.

It’s virtually child abuse
    Christ yes, God forbid you should do anything to dent your ignorance.

Auschwitz next year, is it?
    Too jolly. I was thinking of a nice Siberian gulag.

Visit a shíthouse.

Cracking marketing.