Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Visit Rwanda?

Visit Rwanda?

It's a scam. It's got to be a scam. Rwanda is a beautiful country with one real tourist attraction - gorilla trekking. Other wise you're looking at a genocide museum in an oppressive, corrupt dictatorship. There isn't even capacity to expand the number of gorilla visitors - you already have to apply for a permit months and months in advance. There's almost no tourist infrastructure. Getting to Kigali costs a fortune, prices within Rwanda are extraordinarily high by African standards, and the permits for gorilla treks are ablut $1,000 a day.

In short, advertising tourism in Rwanda is a complete waste of money, but advertising tourism in Rwanda to football fans is simple lunacy.

It's a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a scam. It's got to be a scam. Rwanda is a beautiful country with one real tourist attraction - gorilla trekking. Other wise you're looking at a genocide museum in an oppressive, corrupt dictatorship. There isn't even capacity to expand the number of gorilla visitors - you already have to apply for a permit months and months in advance. There's almost no tourist infrastructure. Getting to Kigali costs a fortune, prices within Rwanda are extraordinarily high by African standards, and the permits for gorilla treks are ablut $1,000 a day.

In short, advertising tourism in Rwanda is a complete waste of money, but advertising tourism in Rwanda to football fans is simple lunacy.

It's a scam.
    Ah, I get what you're on about now, our new shirt sleeve sponsor. Very, very odd. TIA

It's a scam.
    Well, The Arsenal have to generate monies to fund Wenger's pay off from somewhere, sc.

Agreed - I'm not sure your average football fan could even point to Rwanda on a world map.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ah, I get what you're on about now, our new shirt sleeve sponsor. Very, very odd. TIA
    I want to watch Claude get off his flight at the chaos that isJomo Kenyatta airport in Nairobi and try to navigate his way to the onward flight to Kigali. He'd shít in his pants.

Guy from work is going to Borneo again for his summer hols.

He says him and his girlfriend love it.

Apparently they love being around all the monkeys.

I still don’t get it...Borneo????

And it’s not their first trip either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Guy from work is going to Borneo again for his summer hols.

He says him and his girlfriend love it.

Apparently they love being around all the monkeys.

I still don’t get it...Borneo????

And it’s not their first trip either.
    Fantastic place. Virgin rainforest, mountains, orangutans, loads of other amazing wildlife, brilliant food, great beaches... much of the coast is quite developed but it's not too difficult to find quieter, untouched bits, especially inland. I heartily recommend it.

It's a scam.
    One of the more bizarre sponsorship deals. I'm guessing Ozil will be to ill to attend the launch event in Kigali ?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    One of the more bizarre sponsorship deals. I'm guessing Ozil will be to ill to attend the launch event in Kigali ?
    Seems like the perfect opportunity to solve the Ozil problem.

Insurance should cover us for a cool £100m

It's a scam.
    The president is a big Arsenal fan. I think he's trying to bolster our warchest.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The president is a big Arsenal fan. I think he's trying to bolster our warchest.
    He's a fascist, that's what he is.

I suspect he's siphoning UN aid payments through his Swiss bank accounts into ours, which will clean the money nicely before we pay him a commission back.