Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
Well, given the enormity of the whole thing, and given that they speak of it as if it were a temporary madness which descended upon the population, you'd imagine they'd be pretty confident that they'd learnt their lesson adn wouldn't do it again. Germans don't live in a dictatorship designed specifically to stop them killing jews, do they? They sort of realised they had put up a black, as it were, and desisted.

They are the fittest people I have ever seen. The whole country is up above 7,000', it's all hills, there's no fúcking oxygen to breathe, it's 35 degrees in pissing rain pretty much all day and 5 degrees at night, and most of them are farmers, with absolutely no machinery - the rest of them walk everywhere carrying industrial loads on their heads.

It's a weird place. Nice gorillas, mind.
Haven't the Tutsis forced the Hutus to speak English, play cricket and join the Commonwealth by way of revenge or am I getting mixed up with somewhere else?

But if the natives are Gooners, I'm all for it. Loads of Africans support us but they can't afford to buy a Prem club for the country like the Arabs or the Siamese, so this way they get their name on our shirt and the locals who do support us will feel extra pride when we win.

If it makes the poor Rwandan in the street (as opposed to the murderous dictator) happy then rather this than the usual betting shop or bankers. I like our African fans. The legacy of N****wo.

{Btw, have you ever been to Timbuktu? Vaguely thinking of going with a mate just cos we always liked the name.}