Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Visit Rwanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    In my experience one does, especially if there are potential propaganda points to be scored. Note that I am not doubting the veracity of this particular story or the accuracy with which it was retold here. I am just, perhaps callously, a little bit cautious about atrocity stories if something doesn't quite feel right about them.

For example, victims of an alleged chemical attack who were recorded arriving in hospital before the alleged attack actually took place. Something slightly odd about that imo.

Perhaps in this case the blade thingy of the bulldozer was bigger than the actual church, just to be safe.
    They had lots of details like, oh, hundreds of photographs of heaps of bodies and hundreds of thousands of human bones, but you could be right, the whole thing might have been made up by the West just to make Putin look bad, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The funny thing is how piss-terrified they are of it all kicking off again at any moment. Indeed, without Kagame's 'firm hand' (fascist dictatorship) they would definitely have been at it again. They love a good old genocide, those fúckers. Also, plenty rapey.

As you say, clearly the fault of whitey.
    Well, to be fair, you’d hope they would be a bit terrified of it happening again, really.

Impressively, they did kill nearly a million people in the space of a few months - often using nothing more than machetes. Given that the Nazis has gas chambers and all the mechanisms of a fully industrialised state to kill their millions over the space of quite a few years, you have to take your hat off to the Hutu work ethic imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well, to be fair, you’d hope they would be a bit terrified of it happening again, really.

Impressively, they did kill nearly a million people in the space of a few months - often using nothing more than machetes. Given that the Nazis has gas chambers and all the mechanisms of a fully industrialised state to kill their millions over the space of quite a few years, you have to take your hat off to the Hutu work ethic imo.
    Well, given the enormity of the whole thing, and given that they speak of it as if it were a temporary madness which descended upon the population, you'd imagine they'd be pretty confident that they'd learnt their lesson adn wouldn't do it again. Germans don't live in a dictatorship designed specifically to stop them killing jews, do they? They sort of realised they had put up a black, as it were, and desisted.

They are the fittest people I have ever seen. The whole country is up above 7,000', it's all hills, there's no fúcking oxygen to breathe, it's 35 degrees in pissing rain pretty much all day and 5 degrees at night, and most of them are farmers, with absolutely no machinery - the rest of them walk everywhere carrying industrial loads on their heads.

It's a weird place. Nice gorillas, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ...says the noted Serb-fancier
    .... or, for example, an alleged massacre of civilians where the bullet holes in the clothes don't match the wounds in the bodies, where french reporters had witnessed an actual firefight between combatants. (Racak)

Or the 'Jenin Massacre' when an Israeli counter-terrorism operation was spun, by the Palestinian leadership, into an alleged 'massacre' of civilians - helped by NGOs and duly described as such by breathless reporters.

Or Kuwaiti babies thrown out of incubators onto the cold floor by Iraqi soldiers, as told by the weeping nurse who actually turned out to be the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador, acting out the script handed to her by PR Firm Hill & Knowlton.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Visit a shíthouse.

Cracking marketing.
    People go to Ireland, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They had lots of details like, oh, hundreds of photographs of heaps of bodies and hundreds of thousands of human bones, but you could be right, the whole thing might have been made up by the West just to make Putin look bad, or something.
    I was referring to an individual incident, not the overall story.

By the way when you say gorilla.

Do you mean like ones from that film Congo?

You know...them big 6ft tall apes.

I was disappointed when I went to the zoo and they had a statue of won but just shi ty chimps and orangs inside.

Some pretty false advertising there imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

I was disappointed when I went to the zoo and they had a statue of won but just shi ty chimps and orangs inside.

The majestic mountain gorilla, t. A chance to look into the eye of an animal and see into the soul of man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    .... or, for example, an alleged massacre of civilians where the bullet holes in the clothes don't match the wounds in the bodies, where french reporters had witnessed an actual firefight between combatants. (Racak)

Or the 'Jenin Massacre' when an Israeli counter-terrorism operation was spun, by the Palestinian leadership, into an alleged 'massacre' of civilians - helped by NGOs and duly described as such by breathless reporters.

Or Kuwaiti babies thrown out of incubators onto the cold floor by Iraqi soldiers, as told by the weeping nurse who actually turned out to be the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador, acting out the script handed to her by PR Firm Hill & Knowlton.
    Explain to me the love affair with Putin, Ash. He's gangster running a gangster state. The evidence is rather overwhelming. And I'm talking about evidence from WHO and such, not from fake news stories flooding the internet via the Kremlin's robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

The ones like on the Gorilla Channel #lol
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."