Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Visit Rwanda?

Do Emirates fly there? If not it’s a conflict of sponsor interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Do Emirates fly there? If not it’s a conflict of sponsor interest.
    I think we covered this when we became partners with the Israeli tourist board

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a scam. It's got to be a scam. Rwanda is a beautiful country with one real tourist attraction - gorilla trekking. Other wise you're looking at a genocide museum in an oppressive, corrupt dictatorship. There isn't even capacity to expand the number of gorilla visitors - you already have to apply for a permit months and months in advance. There's almost no tourist infrastructure. Getting to Kigali costs a fortune, prices within Rwanda are extraordinarily high by African standards, and the permits for gorilla treks are ablut $1,000 a day.

In short, advertising tourism in Rwanda is a complete waste of money, but advertising tourism in Rwanda to football fans is simple lunacy.

It's a scam.
    Yes. The question is Hutu blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. The question is Hutu blame?
    When the killings started, a Hutu priest shepherded his Tutsi flock into the church for safe keeping.

Then he went and got a bulldozer and flattened the fúcker on top of them

These Hutus are crazy.

When the killings started, a Hutu priest shepherded his Tutsi flock into the church for safe keeping.

These Hutus are crazy.
    If one is driving a bulldozer into a church, how can one be sure that the church won't fall on top of one, but will instead neatly fold over and crush the flock inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If one is driving a bulldozer into a church, how can one be sure that the church won't fall on top of one, but will instead neatly fold over and crush the flock inside?
    In truth, I report information only as relayed to me by the good people of the Genocide Museum, who were more than eager to fill me in on the gorier aspects of 'what happened' as the massacre is euphemistically referred to. Mind you, given that I went there directly from the airport after a 14 hour journey, my recollection may not be perfect. Some bits do stick in the mind, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    one doesn't have to pay attention to the mere details, a.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    one doesn't have to pay attention to the mere details, a.
    Thinking about it, one assumes that the priest had God on his side.

Thinking about it, one assumes that the priest had God on his side.
    that'll be it.

But then again, murdering the flock...

It is all very confusing
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

These Hutus are crazy.
    Yes, I know. I read about it in ‘We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families’, which is an almost comically depressing read.

I blame the Belgians. Or the French. Anyway, it’s not one of ours, thank God.