Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I know we've covered this before but this whole Women in Sport

I know we've covered this before but this whole Women in Sport

that's across Twitter and Sky today, seems to miss one huge point......it's just not very interesting to watch for the most part.

Bar your athletics/swimming and most winter sports, the rest of the main stream televised sports are just not really great to watch in comparison with the male version. I have tried with women's football and cricket but it's just not very entertaining (apart from it being comically ****).

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    that's across Twitter and Sky today, seems to miss one huge point......it's just not very interesting to watch for the most part.

Bar your athletics/swimming and most winter sports, the rest of the main stream televised sports are just not really great to watch in comparison with the male version. I have tried with women's football and cricket but it's just not very entertaining (apart from it being comically ****).
    The football isnt terrible- not actually worth watching, but not terrible.

THe cricket is awful and a disgrace to the game.

Tennis isnt bad. I mean, I dont really like watching tennis but the women's game isnt awful to watch. In some ways it can be slightly more interesting as the game isn't dominated by a heavy serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The football isnt terrible
    The goalkeeping however...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The football isnt terrible- not actually worth watching, but not terrible.

THe cricket is awful and a disgrace to the game.

Tennis isnt bad. I mean, I dont really like watching tennis but the women's game isnt awful to watch. In some ways it can be slightly more interesting as the game isn't dominated by a heavy serve.
    You mean the female tennis players are usually quite attractive, don't you?

The football would be greatly improved if all the players were at a level closer to Kelly Smith, Marta, Houghton. Unfortunately very few are.

The football would be greatly improved if all the players were at a level closer to Kelly Smith, Marta, Houghton. Unfortunately very few are.
    Presumably you are not including women's beach volleyball in this analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Presumably you are not including women's beach volleyball in this analysis?
    If it were topless or at least in bikinis, it would be better.

The whole premise seems to be that more people should attend women's sports but given a choice between watching a high quality version and an inferior version, why would I choose the inferior one?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The goalkeeping however...
    A lot of the goalkeeping in the men's game makes me shudder. Its a dying art. Like test match batting or jewish singer songwriters.

It doesn't hurt with the tennis. What I am really saying is I don't mind seeing women playing a game I don't like

A lot of the goalkeeping in the men's game makes me shudder. Its a dying art. Like test match batting or jewish singer songwriters.
    They don't make them like Almunia anymore, do they Peter?

It doesn't hurt with the tennis. What I am really saying is I don't mind seeing women playing a game I don't like
    Of course in these days of rampant feminism, I do think it would be an ideal time for The Prodigy to re-release 'Smack my bitch up'