Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So for his first home match we should kick off the chanting with

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Well, we're not particularly fussy about that sort of thing. We're not Germans or anything. But it is rather unpleasant, and not a little unfair, when chaps that can barely order a bint and a beer in a brothel are touted as "fluent".
    I think Steve McLaren had the right idea. Don't bother learning the language, just go over there and speak your own language in a comedy accent instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    One of the puzzles of Wenger was the complete absence of any improvement in his english in 20 years. He would often say "it is as well because" when just "also" would have done - Cleuseo sounding w'nker
    He doesn't sound anything like Clouseau, in fact. Probably because Clouseau doesn't actually sound anything like a Frenchman.

Burney "I think Steve McLaren had the right idea. Don't bother learning the language, just go over there and speak your own language in a comedy accent instead."

HE might be like Manuel once did in FT
    "Helllllo Hhhhhhow hare you ? Hi ham Eeengllshhh "
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He won't mind since HE DOESN'T FVCKING WELL SPEAK ENGLISH!

I already hate this bloke.
    He does speak English and you are sounding like Henry Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. His goodbye speech was ample evidence of the limits of his fluency. He never really got idiomatic English at all.
    Possibly indicative of a lack of receptivity to new ways of working too, and of his general magnificent stubborness and single-mindedness.

All that happened was an increase in the speed with which AW spoke the language
    That and putting beginning sentences with "Look" when he was agitated by a question

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He doesn't sound anything like Clouseau, in fact. Probably because Clouseau doesn't actually sound anything like a Frenchman.
    Of course, because Frenchmen tend not to speak English at all.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Pires
    Vieira
    Petit
    Cantona
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He does speak English and you are sounding like Henry Winter
    Does he really, though, la? Or does he just gabble on uselessly like a lost tourist trying to find Piccadilly Circus?

And if you ever dare liken me to Henry Winter again, I will be on the first plane to Munich to burn your Wohnung down.

I'm a peaceful and easygoing man, la, but there are limits, ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    All that happened was an increase in the speed with which AW spoke the language
    That and putting beginning sentences with "Look" when he was agitated by a question
    Yeah, but Australians do that, too. 'Awwww, look...'