Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this mean the club is now run by AFTV? I was no more up for MA8 than most (I

Does this mean the club is now run by AFTV? I was no more up for MA8 than most (I

wanted AW to stay) but at least the club had a plan, and he has worked under 2 greats and could see where AW was going wrong compared to Pep.

But then AFTV put out two "shows" with their chief WengerOuters slagging off MA8. {For the first time, I watched them, both, yesterday, simply from Schadenfreude - ha, ha, you killed AW and got MA.}

But they keep saying "If this goes wrong it's on your head Gazidis"

So the club bottles it?

WTF?

Imagine what AFTV - after a season of Rioch Out banners - would have said in 1996. I dun wan no Frog from Japan, blud.

Fück 'em. The Kronke years were previously just tragic. They are now farcical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    wanted AW to stay) but at least the club had a plan, and he has worked under 2 greats and could see where AW was going wrong compared to Pep.

But then AFTV put out two "shows" with their chief WengerOuters slagging off MA8. {For the first time, I watched them, both, yesterday, simply from Schadenfreude - ha, ha, you killed AW and got MA.}

So the club bottles it?

WTF?

Imagine what AFTV - after a season of Rioch Out banners - would have said in 1996. I dun wan no Frog from Japan, blud.

No, it doesn't - hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

So the club bottles it?

WTF?

You think the decision to appoint Emery instead of Arteta was made by the board in response to some lunatics shouting on the internet? You may be right, of course, but it seems highly unlikely to me. The directors are running a multi-million pound business; I'm far from convinced they would pander to the lunatic fringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No, it doesn't - hope this helps
    Genuine question.

Then why were all the proper journos saying it was gonna be MA8 - i.e. back page of the Times and they generally wait for done deals - and then this last minute change?

You really don't think they bottled it and switched for the biggest name they could get this week? That they planned this all along and MA8 in London was just cover for us getting Dick Emery?

So the club bottles it?

WTF?

Certainly someone at AFTV may have received a tip from the stable cat, I suppose. Probably no more than that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You think the decision to appoint Emery instead of Arteta was made by the board in response to some lunatics shouting on the internet? You may be right, of course, but it seems highly unlikely to me. The directors are running a multi-million pound business; I'm far from convinced they would pander to the lunatic fringe.
    So all this interest in MA8 wasn't genuine?

NB - lunatics shouting on the internet and their banners led to lots of empty seats that eventually cost us AW.

It's the decade of shouting on the internet. You think the board would have denied AW his final year were it not for the loonies on the web?

So all this interest in MA8 wasn't genuine?

NB - lunatics shouting on the internet and their banners led to lots of empty seats that eventually cost us AW.

It's the decade of shouting on the internet. You think the board would have denied AW his final year were it not for the loonies on the web?
    I have no doubt that their interest in Arteta was genuine, but that's what an interview process is about, isn't it? You interview candidates in whom you're interested, then make your choice from amongst them. I must say, it all looks rather normal to me.

You don't think that perhaps some journalists got a bit carried away with the Arteta story and jumped the gun?

Genuine question.

Then why were all the proper journos saying it was gonna be MA8 - i.e. back page of the Times and they generally wait for done deals - and then this last minute change?

You really don't think they bottled it and switched for the biggest name they could get this week? That they planned this all along and MA8 in London was just cover for us getting Dick Emery?
    Sorry genuinely stupid question. Papers jumped the gun - Emery has always been in the frame and they only got to interview him recently

Genuine question.

according to the press, we were going to get Cruyff or Venables before AW suddenly popped up, iirc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Genuine question.

There was a time when people would have looked at an appointment like this and applauded us for throwing up such a clever smokescreen about Artetcetra while we in fact did the real deal without press scrutiny.