Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I was rather looking forward to Arteta. Proper gentleman, knows what the club is

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I would imagine it is also a very sad day for Jorge as this type of appointment is right up his street.

Quite confident he would find a carefully noted post from about 3-5 years ago where he suggested UE as the heir.
    It appears BGM was ahead of the curve on this one - from two years ago

http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?...ighlight=Emery

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

There's some pretty awful choices in there, with hindsight.

I was also a bit wrong

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    There's some pretty awful choices in there, with hindsight.

I was also a bit wrong
    I wasn't going to bring that up

He was the hot young thing back then. People are blinded by the PSG “failures” but what he did with Valencia and Sevilla was very very good. I’ve also seen people throw about the “couldn’t win the league ahead of Monaco” **** but that Monaco team were exceptional. They got to the semi finals of the Champions League battering Pep’s City along the way and were a point or two away from breaking the points record for Ligue 1.

Long story short if this were two years ago and people were making a list he’d be near the top with Klopp and Simeone.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 05-22-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He was the hot young thing back then. People are blinded by the PSG “failures” but what he did with Valencia and Sevilla was very very good. I’ve also seen people throw about the “couldn’t win the league ahead of Monaco” **** but that Monaco team were exceptional. They got to the semi finals of the Champions League battering Pep’s City along the way and were a point or two away from breaking the points record for Ligue 1.

Long story short if this were two years ago and people were making a list he’d be near the top with Klopp and Simeone.
    And with PSG's money they could pretty much choose who they want within reason. And were it not for the CL loss to Real Madrid he would still be there.

I reiterate how lucky they were. There was very little between the two teams as I recall, Madrid took their chances but did not outplay PSG imo.

All very true. Completely undermined by Neymar coming in and rocking the boat as well this season but managed to steady it - I like it, bgm, I do

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    about, full of new ideas. It would have been a risk but it might have been fun.

This chap doesn't fill me with hope but then, of course, neither did Arsene. I vote we wait and see what transpires before getting malicious on his árse.

Rosicky gone. Cesc gone. Walcott gone. Santi gone. Arsene gone.

The only part of the real club left is Ken Friar, and he's 396.

Unai Emyrates, anyone?
    We still have Jack, let's not forget. Also emerging youth such as what's his face and the other one. Reiss.

She is still a princess thus the HRH. He is HRH Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex

Which reminds me that my friend and his partner had a baby last night and decided to call him Henri. His surname is Potter. Schoolboy error
    That's nothing, my pal and his wife had a baby the night before last. They called him Ruckus. That's Cali for you. Ruckus Wrye.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    We still have Jack, let's not forget. Also emerging youth such as what's his face and the other one. Reiss.
    Nah, Reiss is sh1t and will come to nothing. You read it here first.

That Monaco side were freakishly good.