Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I was rather looking forward to Arteta. Proper gentleman, knows what the club is

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They reckon Basques are proto-Europeans - unrelated to Celts or Indo-Europeans. Some even say they're the descendants of Neanderthals.
    Well he looks human enough. Are they the lot who claim (erroneously) to have invented tapas and call them pinxtos, or is that some other oppressed minority?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well he looks human enough. Are they the lot who claim (erroneously) to have invented tapas and call them pinxtos, or is that some other oppressed minority?
    I believe so, yes. They also used to spend a lot of time blowing up spanish coppers. They're also strangely attached to the letter 'x'.

Won't that be Dubai that invented them, as we all know the greatest Tapas/Steak/Pizza/Hot dog can be found in that historic area
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Won't that be Dubai that invented them, as we all know the greatest Tapas/Steak/Pizza/Hot dog can be found in that historic area
    Yes, these things are improved immeasurably, of course, the the time spent under the heatlamps on the buffet.

Also, they are seasoned by the salty tears of the forced labourers who slave in the kitchens and hope to visit their families in the Philipnes once a year. It is this salinity which provides the extra frisson so beloved of the UAE enthusiast.

I believe so, yes. They also used to spend a lot of time blowing up spanish coppers. They're also strangely attached to the letter 'x'.
    The whole thing sounds like an utter clusterfúck, if I'm honest.

The whole thing sounds like an utter clusterfúck, if I'm honest.
    The End is Unai.

The End is Unai.
    vg b.

I can't take it seriously. 'Unai'. What sort of fúcking name is 'Unai'?

vg b.

I can't take it seriously. 'Unai'. What sort of fúcking name is 'Unai'?
    It's a sound one makes while yawning, not a proper name.

Yes, these things are improved immeasurably, of course, the the time spent under the heatlamps on the buffet.

Also, they are seasoned by the salty tears of the forced labourers who slave in the kitchens and hope to visit their families in the Philipnes once a year. It is this salinity which provides the extra frisson so beloved of the UAE enthusiast.
    There is nothing wrong with the UAE, sc.

Apart from the searing heat, cost of living, driving and the people.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Clues in the maternal surname

Unai Emery Etxegoien - as Basque as they come
    Ooooh there's another reason to love him, he's a Basque.

San Sebastian