Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I was rather looking forward to Arteta. Proper gentleman, knows what the club is

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apparently that's all OK because the Best Western Jebel Ali does a terrific all you can eat Chinese buffet which serves the best Chinese food in the world.
    Yeah, plus they're only little brown chaps at the end of the day, eh? They expect that sort of thing, don't they?

And their extreme poverty and desperation does make for such attentive service.

Fvck me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That'd be the 'bond' whereby they take their passports away, force them to work 12 hours a day, six days a week for a pittance well below what they were promised (in appalling and dangerous conditions, of course), leaving them bound by debt to their employers and legally unable to appeal or demonstrate due to having pretty much no rights?
    That sounds pretty much like every working man's conundrum in a nutshell, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apparently that's all OK because the Best Western Jebel Ali does a terrific all you can eat Chinese buffet which serves the best Chinese food in the world.
    F*ck me. Which part of 'Russian prostitutes in thongs' did you not understand, Dutchie?

That'd be the 'bond' whereby they take their passports away, force them to work 12 hours a day, six days a week for a pittance well below what they were promised (in appalling and dangerous conditions, of course), leaving them bound by debt to their employers and legally unable to appeal or demonstrate due to having pretty much no rights?
    sort of.

The employers pay for their flights and accommodation (a couple of floors of a hotel one for males, one for females, for instance) and food - then deduct it from their wages.

Leaving them pretty much penniless and unable to pay for a flight out.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    F*ck me. Which part of 'Russian prostitutes in thongs' did you not understand, Dutchie?
    I have no interest in Russian prostitutes. I am 53 years old and the last time I achieved anything vaguely approaching tumescence, we still played at Highbury.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    sort of.

The employers pay for their flights and accommodation (a couple of floors of a hotel one for males, one for females, for instance) and food - then deduct it from their wages.

Leaving them pretty much penniless and unable to pay for a flight out.
    Surprising that every staff member of my bezzie resort in Fujairah with whom I have spoken (many) goes home for a month every year and returns. It's almost as if the lazy generalization you're using is just that, a lazy generalization.

They all love it where I go, mostly because I'm there, of course. Get waited on hand and foot. Only 5 months to go for my next trip!

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That sounds pretty much like every working man's conundrum in a nutshell, imo.
    Not where I work it doesn't, red.

They're also strangely attached to the letter 'x'.
    As are Albanians. They too claim to have a unique 'Illyrian' lineage.

Not where I work it doesn't, red.
    Fair enough. It's all in the mind, I suppose.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Surprising that every staff member of my bezzie resort in Fujairah with whom I have spoken (many) goes home for a month every year and returns. It's almost as if the lazy generalization you're using is just that, a lazy generalization.

They all love it where I go, mostly because I'm there, of course. Get waited on hand and foot. Only 5 months to go for my next trip!
    Ah, Fujairah. That's a bit more Emirati populated on that side isn't it?

Either they treat the staff better or the staff are programmed to tell you everything is cool.

Does the bar at your place fill up with alcohol consuming arabs during 'Ladies Hour'?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”