Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: And we've turfed Santi out* as well :-(

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Surely we've not fallen so low that we'd need Manchester City's number 2? Anyway, I gather West Ham United have just got Pellegrini in.
    Little Guardiola, they called him at La Masia.

I bet knows his way round the drugs cabinet and everything.

*Agreed to not extend his contract, but you know what I mean. Unpleasant.
    Poor Santi. He was never quite the same after that bullying by Spurs. He was also the only player that could genuinely make Arsene’s silly/unbalanced team work properly. Ozil tried for a bit, but it kept making him ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

There you are then. Let young Mikel go back there and prove himself then.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Just a minor point of order, if he was 'Little Guardiola', how come he ended up playting for Rangers and Everton?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Just a minor point of order, if he was 'Little Guardiola', how come he ended up playting for Rangers and Everton?
    He ended up playing for The Arsenal imo.

I gather the epithet referred to his understanding of the game. I think I got that from Tim Stillman so it must be true.

It’s just not right. Mikel was the way forward. It’s the old board members, voting against something they don’t understand. They did it to Arsene first time around in 1995. Voted to appoint Bruce Rioch instead. Congratulations Unai Emery, you’re Bruce Rioch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, quite. One wonders what nickname they gave to Guardiola himself. I chiefly remember young Pep as having the enviable, even dream, task for a midfielder of playing behind Stoichkov and Romario.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    It’s just not right. Mikel was the way forward. It’s the old board members, voting against something they don’t understand. They did it to Arsene first time around in 1995. Voted to appoint Bruce Rioch instead. Congratulations Unai Emery, you’re Bruce Rioch!!
    To be fair, appointing a man who's literally never managed a football team in his entire life to manage a club the size of Arsenal would always have been a bit of a leap, wouldn't it? There's a difference between 'bold' and 'utterly foolhardy' at the end of the day.

Well, quite. One wonders what nickname they gave to Guardiola himself. I chiefly remember young Pep as having the enviable, even dream, task for a midfielder of playing behind Stoichkov and Romario.
    Presumably, he was 'Big Guardiola'?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Presumably, he was 'Big Guardiola'?
    lol. Very good.