Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xavi's gone, Iniesta's gone, Messi and Ronaldo will soon be gone,

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Didn't Ramsey have a season where he scored around 30 goals from central midfield?
    Not far off, Rich. He scored 16 once.

If you're interested, over the past 7 seasons post his injury he has averaged just about 7 goals per season in all competitions, just under 5 per year in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Not far off, Rich. He scored 16 once.

If you're interested, over the past 7 seasons post his injury he has averaged just about 7 goals per season in all competitions, just under 5 per year in the league.
    And last season set up or scored more goals than our goggle eyed £350k a week "star" who does even less defensive work than AR. Well done AR, sign him up for a new contract
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    And last season set up or scored more goals than our goggle eyed £350k a week "star" who does even less defensive work than AR. Well done AR, sign him up for a new contract
    Off to United or Liverpool I believe*.

*saw a headline

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Off to United or Liverpool I believe*.

*saw a headline
    Some journalist-type reckons he's got the arse with seeing himself continually slagged by Arsenal 'fans' on social media, and wants to go somewhere he's more appreciated. In short, wes is a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have no real idea what to expect from him to be honest so I can’t say he has peaked or not.

You and I as students of the game were of course aware of the lad before he arrived at Anfield but I can say I never expected anything like the goal return we have seen from him. Is it a freak season, it can happen of course but that is not in any way to take credit away from him, it is an outstanding return.

Liverpool will presumably improve next season as they again spend big so he will be in the spotlight again but I genuinely have no real idea what to expect from him. He isn’t going to be jumping ship to one of the two big boys just yet.

Ronaldo was always a star or going to be one, Messi similar. I just mention these two as they were mentioned at the beginning of the topic. Salah has kind of came from ‘nowhere’ at 25-26 or whatever.
    Fair points - I just thought you were a bit dismissive of his potential potential. I quite like the smiling Egyptian and I really ****ing hate Liverpool. Plus it is a holiday here and sunny - I have been drinking for some time

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Some journalist-type reckons he's got the arse with seeing himself continually slagged by Arsenal 'fans' on social media, and wants to go somewhere he's more appreciated. In short, wes is a ****.
    I told you not to tell anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fair points - I just thought you were a bit dismissive of his potential potential. I quite like the smiling Egyptian and I really ****ing hate Liverpool. Plus it is a holiday here and sunny - I have been drinking for some time
    What does he do though? I've seen him score goals, but any decent athlete can score goals aplenty, look at Henry.

I'm talking about real footballers, la.

What does he do though? I've seen him score goals, but any decent athlete can score goals aplenty, look at Henry.

I'm talking about real footballers, la.
    He has a lovely smile

Why just the other day I was saying that if Arteta implements a system similar to Pep's the midfield role played by Silva and KDB might be ideal for the Welsher. Provided he can adjust his style of play, of course.

I thought that was positively complimentary.

Still hate the useless Welsh c*nt mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He has a lovely smile
    Fair enough.