Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xavi's gone, Iniesta's gone, Messi and Ronaldo will soon be gone,

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't watch other teams these days, watch a bare minimum of our live games and don't watch highlights if we lose, so I can honestly say I've no idea about Mo Salah at all. What's he like?
    Walks like an Egyptian B, scores like Boyzone in a brothel. Plays with a smile on his face so I can't help but like him tbh
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Robben's old... we've lived through a golden age of footballers and no mistake- but who will replace the superstars? Neymar, Coutinho and Greaseman? They're not really at the same level, are they?
    Mohamed Salah Ghaly
    Kylian Mbappe
    Kasper Dolberg

Did you go to the Wedding , Rich ?
    You look like you would have fitted in with all the pre match chit chat
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Did you go to the Wedding , Rich ?
    You look like you would have fitted in with all the pre match chit chat
    My invite wasn't forthcoming, as it happens. A terrible mix-up.

Wasn't it a splendid occasion, though? Apart from the American chap shouting for 20 minutes.

Indeed it was a magnificent spectacle
    I thought the carriage looked cheap though
    Like a great big pram
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I can’t exactly recall 2007 to be perfectly honest but I think it became clear as Ronaldo’s career at United progressed that he was a serious football talent. Getting signed by the biggest club in world football simply helped him along his path.

Salah has had a brilliant season, no argument there. Personally I wouldn’t have given him POTY but I can understand the logic in doing so.

If they lose on Saturday which please god they will then he has just scored a load of goals in a domestic league.
    Your logic is confusing - are you saying Salah has peaked and couldn’t possibly go on and have the sort of success at a Real or a Barca? Maybe not in terms of matching the aforementioned figures but certainly scoring heavily?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Your logic is confusing - are you saying Salah has peaked and couldn’t possibly go on and have the sort of success at a Real or a Barca? Maybe not in terms of matching the aforementioned figures but certainly scoring heavily?
    I have no real idea what to expect from him to be honest so I can’t say he has peaked or not.

You and I as students of the game were of course aware of the lad before he arrived at Anfield but I can say I never expected anything like the goal return we have seen from him. Is it a freak season, it can happen of course but that is not in any way to take credit away from him, it is an outstanding return.

Liverpool will presumably improve next season as they again spend big so he will be in the spotlight again but I genuinely have no real idea what to expect from him. He isn’t going to be jumping ship to one of the two big boys just yet.

Ronaldo was always a star or going to be one, Messi similar. I just mention these two as they were mentioned at the beginning of the topic. Salah has kind of came from ‘nowhere’ at 25-26 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have no real idea what to expect from him to be honest so I can’t say he has peaked or not.

You and I as students of the game were of course aware of the lad before he arrived at Anfield but I can say I never expected anything like the goal return we have seen from him. Is it a freak season, it can happen of course but that is not in any way to take credit away from him, it is an outstanding return.

Liverpool will presumably improve next season as they again spend big so he will be in the spotlight again but I genuinely have no real idea what to expect from him. He isn’t going to be jumping ship to one of the two big boys just yet.

Ronaldo was always a star or going to be one, Messi similar. I just mention these two as they were mentioned at the beginning of the topic. Salah has kind of came from ‘nowhere’ at 25-26 or whatever.
    Didn't Ramsey have a season where he scored around 30 goals from central midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember watching Ronaldo play against us for United and fervently wishing that both his legs would break.
    Ronaldo? I give you Manuel Almunia

best watched with the sound off tbh
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Didn't Ramsey have a season where he scored around 30 goals from central midfield?
    I don't think so.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”