Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I think it’s all quite exciting. A bunch of new, young handsome chaps on the bench and in the technical area waving hands and barking orders.
    Do you think Mikel will wear a suit for his first game in August? I really hope that he's not a tracksuit manager

Also - I don't want to see any sleeping bag coats in the winter. Proper coats only, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Somewhere out there RCEG's piss is boiling with fury at the thought of Arteta being appointed. And at the colour of the walls. And at the fact that the sun is shining.
    I'd forgotten RCEG.

Now he was gammon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Do you think Mikel will wear a suit for his first game in August? I really hope that he's not a tracksuit manager

Also - I don't want to see any sleeping bag coats in the winter. Proper coats only, please.
    I think he’ll wear a suit. Anyway, shouldn’t you be worrying about who’ll be coaching Chelsea?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd forgotten RCEG.

Now he was gammon.
    That man was permanently fúcking furious.

We wound him up calling him common once. He retorted that he couldn't be common because he drove a Merc.

The problem is Arteta was nothing more than a very desperate 11th hour transfer deadline day signing from Wenger.

He’s representative of the problems we’ve had the last few years ie

Not a leader
    Not a captain
    Not good enough
    Not realiable

The guy was stuck at Everton for years and no one wanted him until it became clear Arsene was in for a lynching if he didn’t get anyone.

Early signs aren’t tremendously great...he wants to veto Sven and keep the current bunch of losers like Wilshere and Mustafi.

I was kind of hoping we’d put the last few years behind us but it’s just going to carry on.

Good luck to the guy...reckon all the Arsene Outs will begging him to come back by December.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The problem is Arteta was nothing more than a very desperate 11th hour transfer deadline day signing from Wenger.

He’s representative of the problems we’ve had the last few years ie

Not a leader
    Not a captain
    Not good enough
    Not realiable

The guy was stuck at Everton for years and no one wanted him until it became clear Arsene was in for a lynching if he didn’t get anyone.

Early signs aren’t tremendously great...he wants to veto Sven and keep the current bunch of losers like Wilshere and Mustafi.

I was kind of hoping we’d put the last few years behind us but it’s just going to carry on.

Good luck to the guy...reckon all the Arsene Outs will begging him to come back by December.
    Not a single mention for his hair and teeth?

Not good enough, t. We're going to have the best hair and teeth combo in the league, man. That counts for something, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That man was permanently fúcking furious.

We wound him up calling him common once. He retorted that he couldn't be common because he drove a Merc.
    I remember one exchange where he revealed that he wore coloured shirts with white collars and cuffs. I seem to remember we were rather merciless on the subject. The phrase 'barrow boy' may have been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I think he’ll wear a suit. Anyway, shouldn’t you be worrying about who’ll be coaching Chelsea?
    I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. We can't compete with United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool. But if he can keep us in the top 5/6 then that would suit me. If he can get us into the top 4 again then he becomes a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember one exchange where he revealed that he wore coloured shirts with white collars and cuffs. I seem to remember we were rather merciless on the subject. The phrase 'barrow boy' may have been mentioned.
    Who was the loony tune whose head exploded on an almost daily basis after Reyes was tricked into confirming he might like to play for Real Madrid one day? Manny something or other?

RCEG was calm, cool and collected compared to that nutter.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Who was the loony tune whose head exploded on an almost daily basis after Reyes was tricked into confirming he might like to play for Real Madrid one day? Manny something or other?

RCEG was calm, cool and collected compared to that nutter.
    There was DRFC. He could be goaded into explosive anger on almost any topic in the space of two or three tweets.