Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I had exactly zero interest in the Royal Wedding. I am quite happy for others

Now I had exactly zero interest in the Royal Wedding. I am quite happy for others

to derive enjoyment from it and am a monarchist, but there was never the remotest possibility that I was going to bother my arse watching it.

However, nothing is better calculated to make me warm to the damn thing than the performative demonstrations of po-faced, adolescent posturing about it that invariably spew forth from lefty anti-monarchist types. Social media has been absolutely crawling with them this last week with their whataboutery, self-loathing miserabilism, hand-wringing and just plain dishonesty.

Honest to God, can these people not hear what dry cvnts they sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    to derive enjoyment from it and am a monarchist, but there was never the remotest possibility that I was going to bother my arse watching it.

However, nothing is better calculated to make me warm to the damn thing than the performative demonstrations of po-faced, adolescent posturing about it that invariably spew forth from lefty anti-monarchist types. Social media has been absolutely crawling with them this last week with their whataboutery, self-loathing miserabilism, hand-wringing and just plain dishonesty.

I ended up watching bits of it as the wife loves that sort of stuff. I thought it was all rather splendid, we do pomp and ceremony exceptionally well.

Bit ironic as yopu seemed to spend the early part of last week slagging our latest monarch off ( i do think it was tongue in cheek)

What isn't there to like about the way we do pomp in this country

Yes, the prospect of watching it never occurred to me, until at about 11 a.m. the glw said, 'Ooh let's take a peek' and we ended up quite entranced. It was really rather lovely, actually. The sun shone, the cavalry looked incredibly dashing, the people cheered; just for a moment it was possible to believe that the majority of the population are relatively happy with their country and generous of spirit, to boot.

Then I read the contributions of the likes of Coad and Alibhai-Brown, sighed, and opened a drink...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, the prospect of watching it never occurred to me, until at about 11 a.m. the glw said, 'Ooh let's take a peek' and we ended up quite entranced. It was really rather lovely, actually. The sun shone, the cavalry looked incredibly dashing, the people cheered; just for a moment it was possible to believe that the majority of the population are relatively happy with their country and generous of spirit, to boot.

Then I read the contributions of the likes of Coad and Alibhai-Brown, sighed, and opened a drink...
    I happened to be in Ware at the time. The church bells were ringing for a good couple of hours. All very nice.

I popped into the pub for a livener, only to find that I and one other chap were the only ones in there on a Saturday lunchtime - everyone else watching the wedding, presumably. The landlord bought us both a pint, bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by Free the Pok View Post
    Bit ironic as yopu seemed to spend the early part of last week slagging our latest monarch off ( i do think it was tongue in cheek)

What isn't there to like about the way we do pomp in this country
    I wasn't criticising our Monarch. I was criticising the choice of this person Harry has seen fit to get married to. I still think it will transpire to be a terrible error.

I happened to be in Ware at the time. The church bells were ringing for a good couple of hours. All very nice.

I popped into the pub for a livener, only to find that I and one other chap were the only ones in there on a Saturday lunchtime - everyone else watching the wedding, presumably. The landlord bought us both a pint, bless him.
    I got fired into a bottle of rosé, which obviously doesn't count as booze, so it seemed appropriate to open the second... wánkered by 4 p.m. The only reasonable response was to push through. Still feel a little rough, actually.

I'm still shocked about your mayonnaise issues. I'm thinking the metal container must be the issue. Some reaction with the acid, perhaps? I discovered that method two weeks ago and have used it 5 times without any sort of issue.

I wasn't criticising our Monarch. I was criticising the choice of this person Harry has seen fit to get married to. I still think it will transpire to be a terrible error.
    But she probably bangs like an old gate in a storm...... and he is Harry, son of who knows??? At least she is an interesting one.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I got fired into a bottle of rosé, which obviously doesn't count as booze, so it seemed appropriate to open the second... wánkered by 4 p.m. The only reasonable response was to push through. Still feel a little rough, actually.

I'm still shocked about your mayonnaise issues. I'm thinking the metal container must be the issue. Some reaction with the acid, perhaps? I discovered that method two weeks ago and have used it 5 times without any sort of issue.
    I shall try it with a plastic jug and see what happens. I do wonder if there was too complete a vacuum created between my stick blender and the bottom of the container.

I shall try it with a plastic jug and see what happens. I do wonder if there was too complete a vacuum created between my stick blender and the bottom of the container.
    Ah. Hmm. You should be covering the yolk but there must be access for oil, naturally.

I suspect you have simply fúcked up.