Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
to derive enjoyment from it and am a monarchist, but there was never the remotest possibility that I was going to bother my arse watching it.

However, nothing is better calculated to make me warm to the damn thing than the performative demonstrations of po-faced, adolescent posturing about it that invariably spew forth from lefty anti-monarchist types. Social media has been absolutely crawling with them this last week with their whataboutery, self-loathing miserabilism, hand-wringing and just plain dishonesty.

Honest to God, can these people not hear what dry cvnts they sound?
Yes, the prospect of watching it never occurred to me, until at about 11 a.m. the glw said, 'Ooh let's take a peek' and we ended up quite entranced. It was really rather lovely, actually. The sun shone, the cavalry looked incredibly dashing, the people cheered; just for a moment it was possible to believe that the majority of the population are relatively happy with their country and generous of spirit, to boot.

Then I read the contributions of the likes of Coad and Alibhai-Brown, sighed, and opened a drink...