Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's quite obviously not going to be Arteta, is it ?

It's quite obviously not going to be Arteta, is it ?

I'm beginning to feel there's far too much intense press speculation piling on to the lad. It's all peaking a bit too early.

It'll now almost certainly be some chap totally flying beneath the radar, who'll no doubt burst forth to p*ss on everyone's chips a couple of days before the announcement.

It looked like Arteta was already pissing on some people's chips. As if anything could set the grumblies off more than a bloke who has never managed a game of football in his life.

Allardyce would be good for a laugh.

Indeed. Steve Bruce likewise.
    It's actually quite unfair that this anti UK manager climate has been allowed to proliferate at board level of the very best clubs in the Prem.
    Some might argue it's a good thing but it must serve as a huge deterrent towards aspiring young managers who build their profiles in the lower leagues.
    I've nothing against Arteta taking the job but you can see the harm it could do in a wider sense.

I would welcome Big Fat Sam with open arms. Imagine thousands of

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It looked like Arteta was already pissing on some people's chips. As if anything could set the grumblies off more than a bloke who has never managed a game of football in his life.

Guardian reading, pony tailed w@nkers scurrying out of the ArabBowl like rats off a sinking ship, heading back to Cricket.

The same eedjuts I heard applauding TH when he missed a farkin' pelanty

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Imagine thousands of Guardian reading, pony tailed w@nkers scurrying out of the ArabBowl like rats off a sinking ship, heading back to Cricket.
    Bit harsh on Peter, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I'm beginning to feel there's far too much intense press speculation piling on to the lad. It's all peaking a bit too early.

It'll now almost certainly be some chap totally flying beneath the radar, who'll no doubt burst forth to p*ss on everyone's chips a couple of days before the announcement.
    Sky saying we are now in talks with Henry to do it. Jesus wept.

Give Allegri the transfer budget he wants and be done with it.

I can confirm...

Arteta asked Santi to be his No2 but Santi wants to keep on playing. He is now in talks with Abou Diaby for the role.

The two roomed together extensively on sway trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Alan Pardew would be hilarious.

Tony Pulis, on the other hand, would not be.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Indeed. Steve Bruce likewise.
    It's actually quite unfair that this anti UK manager climate has been allowed to proliferate at board level of the very best clubs in the Prem.
    Some might argue it's a good thing but it must serve as a huge deterrent towards aspiring young managers who build their profiles in the lower leagues.
    I've nothing against Arteta taking the job but you can see the harm it could do in a wider sense.
    Anti-UK manager climate What absolute *******s - does Richard Keys send out a group email telling you what crap to spout? England couldn't even find an English manager for years, why should the big clubs look at ****ing arseholes like Allardyce and Pardew. Moyes showed he was completely out of his depth (as did Allardyce at Newcastle). Of the younger ones, Howe may get a shot in time but not really many other shouting out for a top, top job.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Anti-UK manager climate What absolute *******s - does Richard Keys send out a group email telling you what crap to spout? England couldn't even find an English manager for years, why should the big clubs look at ****ing arseholes like Allardyce and Pardew. Moyes showed he was completely out of his depth (as did Allardyce at Newcastle). Of the younger ones, Howe may get a shot in time but not really many other shouting out for a top, top job.
    Message forwarded to Steven Gerrard @ Rangers.com