Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So a week tomorrow the sky falls on our head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Maybe not for you. It's a lot of work for others trying to conform to a contradictory, unrefined and never-ending law.
    GDPR can **** right off imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It was all going really well until we were told we had to clear our emails as well, over 40,000 of them
    Easier to hope that your email server isn't hacked, or just delete the feckin lot and keep an archive in a locked safe so you can restore when you need something.

If you don't know what I'm on about you either work in a corner shop or you're not prepared.
    What's it all about, then? I keep getting emails which effectively say 'please let me continue to clog your email box with nonsense - you need to give me permission now.

Naturally I will not do this as I am sick with the amount of rubbish I receive which never, ever gets read.

If something like this law had been introduced a few hundred years ago there'd be no history. Record-keeping is as old as civilisation and it is from those that we learn much of what happened in the past. Suddenly the very concept of keeping records is under question. Not that there aren't some sensible ideas about security and privacy in the legislation, but ultimately compliance with this thing is practically impossible.

I'm sure journalism has worked out how it intends to navigate it all but I am curious - If you print 'fact' A about citizen X, can X claim that you are not only keeping personal information without consent, but that you are publishing and selling it, and that is not even accurate data if they dispute the fact? You can claim public interest but will you win?

The requirements are vast, the obligations complex, yet vague and contradictory, the costs considerable, and the punishments are draconian if the powers-that be want to enforce them (the potential for corrupt political abuse is quite disturbing).

I could go on for hours and I probably will
    but I'd sooner put some joy back in ...

etc
    Ah, well the joy is that journalism remains protected by the laws theLords tried to destroy last week. GDPR is all about commercial info.

If you don't know what I'm on about you either work in a corner shop or you're not prepared.

You just have to have a concrete plan for being compliant, don't you?.

I look forward to the day after I leave my job where I'll use GDPR to instruct my employer to collate all PI and SPI data and remove it from all internal systems within the appropriate timelines.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    GDPR can **** right off imo
    Sick to my back bollócks of it already, the number of external DPA I have been asked to fill in and now a stupid and perhaps unnecessary email project to provide people with a link to our new Privacy Policy and the obvious shítstorm from that.

Wenger out!

Under 7's President cup match and Under 8's end of season presentation???
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    You just have to have a concrete plan for being compliant, don't you?.

I look forward to the day after I leave my job where I'll use GDPR to instruct my employer to collate all PI and SPI data and remove it from all internal systems within the appropriate timelines.
    So how will they pay you then?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    So how will they pay you then?

I'll have left by then and all monies will have been paid. You only do this after you leave not during your notice period
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'll have left by then and all monies will have been paid. You only do this after you leave not during your notice period
    Ah, I see. An important detail you did not include.

I would urge caution however. You go to your new position and for whatever reason it does not work out, your current CV has time assigned to your current employer whom you will be asking to delete all PD and indeed SPI quoting the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/67.

If a potential new employer looks into this your current employer will not be able to verify or confirm any details of your time there.

For all a prospective employer knows you could have been in jail.