Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So a week tomorrow the sky falls on our head.

So a week tomorrow the sky falls on our head.

If you don't know what I'm on about you either work in a corner shop or you're not prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If you don't know what I'm on about you either work in a corner shop or you're not prepared.
    GDPR?

Big fuss about fùck all imo

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    GDPR?

Big fuss about fùck all imo
    Maybe not for you. It's a lot of work for others trying to conform to a contradictory, unrefined and never-ending law.

Maybe not for you. It's a lot of work for others trying to conform to a contradictory, unrefined and never-ending law.
    Another fine example of EU legislation piling more admin misery on an already,admin choked up system.

Will it stop us being bombarded by overseas call centres and being constantly asked to review those fairly insignificant items we purchase ?

I was being polite here, btw.

Actualy, it’s pretty important for us,but happily we employ a cohort of detail monkeys for all that. We’ve been paying them coin for years to ensure we have no problem with this.

Been a pain in the arse for my girlfriend. She works for a telecoms company who offer paid IT support for their business customers. She’s got about 350 customers and she used to store their info in an excel file, now she’s had to transfer it all over to the internal system. Also slightly related is my local council have decided schools can no longer do school photos
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 05-17-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Actualy, it’s pretty important for us,but happily we employ a cohort of detail monkeys for all that. We’ve been paying them coin for years to ensure we have no problem with this.
    If something like this law had been introduced a few hundred years ago there'd be no history. Record-keeping is as old as civilisation and it is from those that we learn much of what happened in the past. Suddenly the very concept of keeping records is under question. Not that there aren't some sensible ideas about security and privacy in the legislation, but ultimately compliance with this thing is practically impossible.

I'm sure journalism has worked out how it intends to navigate it all but I am curious - If you print 'fact' A about citizen X, can X claim that you are not only keeping personal information without consent, but that you are publishing and selling it, and that is not even accurate data if they dispute the fact? You can claim public interest but will you win?

The requirements are vast, the obligations complex, yet vague and contradictory, the costs considerable, and the punishments are draconian if the powers-that be want to enforce them (the potential for corrupt political abuse is quite disturbing).

I could go on for hours and I probably will
    but I'd sooner put some joy back in ...

etc

I was required to do a course on this and pass a test.

C**** made the pass mark 100%

Luckily I passed it first time unlike the Corporate Bribery one...kind of struggled on that one.

It was all going really well until we were told we had to clear our emails as well, over 40,000 of them