Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonos stuff ordered

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Back to my original question - what does Sonos actually offer other than syncing rooms? Any Bluetooth speaker can be synced to an input, why do you think you need Sonos at all unless you really like their speakers?
    Wireless surround sound for the telly, ease of use

Back to my original question - what does Sonos actually offer other than syncing rooms? Any Bluetooth speaker can be synced to an input, why do you think you need Sonos at all unless you really like their speakers?
    I had a long conversation with the electronics type expert in store one day and he eventually told me Sonos was not worth getting.

Something to do with it being too restrictive.

I am old skool and run an iPod through a Bose sound dock.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I had a long conversation with the electronics type expert in store one day and he eventually told me Sonos was not worth getting.

I'm not even sure what language this thread is written in

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Wireless surround sound for the telly, ease of use
    But you could connect any Bluetooth speaker to your telly. And as I said, you rarely actually use Sonos as an application. You turn it on, select where you want to play something and then go into the application you use to select music. If you play music in one room the overwhelming majority of the time (as we do) and/or you almost always use one telly (as we do) you will hardly ever use their software.

Sorry to be a downer mate, but I've had it for 7 or 8 years now I think and would not buy it again.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Ireland - technology cutting edge

Ireland - technology cutting edge
    It works perfectly well for my requirements though I accept I need to upgrade it.

For the radio I use a very old iPhone which I hold in place in the sound dock using a pair of swimming goggles.

But you could connect any Bluetooth speaker to your telly. And as I said, you rarely actually use Sonos as an application. You turn it on, select where you want to play something and then go into the application you use to select music. If you play music in one room the overwhelming majority of the time (as we do) and/or you almost always use one telly (as we do) you will hardly ever use their software.

Sorry to be a downer mate, but I've had it for 7 or 8 years now I think and would not buy it again.
    Bluetooth generally drops far more frequently than wireless though

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Bluetooth generally drops far more frequently than wireless though
    The connectivity between your television and the Sonos controller is no different than between your television and a Bluetooth speaker. One of the differences is that Sonos uses the internet so you are exposed to any issues with it as well as any bugs/issues in Sonos itself. With a Bluetooth speaker you have connectivity from the television to the speaker only, so only one thing that can go wrong.

That's my biggest issue with Sonos, the number of times it just stops working and you need to wait minutes for it to recover. Hard for me to say how much of that is due to my broadband and how much is Sonos itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm not even sure what language this thread is written in
    All you need to know is that if what they're listening too through their sophisticated rigs is a lossy mp3 then they might as well be listening to a cassette, as 90% of what was recorded has been deleted.

:bluetouchpaper:

I don't know if it'll be as fun to say that as it used to be in Jorge's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    All you need to know is that if what they're listening too through their sophisticated rigs is a lossy mp3 then they might as well be listening to a cassette, as 90% of what was recorded has been deleted.

:bluetouchpaper:

I don't know if it'll be as fun to say that as it used to be in Jorge's day.
    I'm sure WES will bite