Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonos stuff ordered

Sonos stuff ordered

any one on here use it? Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yes - sadly mate I would suggest you send it back if it isn't too late.

It's not *too* bad but their app is buggy at times and really struggles if you don't have super fast and consistent broadband. My biggest issue is that you are tied to the speakers and that Sonos doesn't really offer anything that any set of Bluetooth speakers doesn't other than the ability to synchronize rooms easily which is something that we rarely use.

Why did you decide to buy it?
    Last edited by World's End Stella; 05-17-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Cyrus 8 amp, Arcam AirDAC, Mission speakers. An old skool / modern technology mash up. That's the way forward.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

It's not *too* bad but their app is buggy at times and really struggles if you don't have super fast and consistent broadband. My biggest issue is that you are tied to the speakers and that Sonos doesn't really offer anything that any set of Bluetooth speakers doesn't other than the ability to synchronize rooms easily which is something that we rarely use.

Their app is supposed to be utterly brilliant, not sure how long ago you used it.

I do have stupidly fast broadband, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I currently have a Denon AV receiver and crap little Panasonic speakers with a decent sub that I got off Ears. The Sonos sub is supposed to be awesome and I now have full surround with no wires. It has 100 day no quibble returns on all Sonos stuff, so I guess if it's not that great I'll send it back.

Remind me to ask you for advice.

Their app is supposed to be utterly brilliant, not sure how long ago you used it.

I do have stupidly fast broadband, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I currently have a Denon AV receiver and crap little Panasonic speakers with a decent sub that I got off Ears. The Sonos sub is supposed to be awesome and I now have full surround with no wires. It has 100 day no quibble returns on all Sonos stuff, so I guess if it's not that great I'll send it back.
    I use it every day mate. It's OK but as I said, buggy. The entire app will hang from time to time and the music stops while you wait for it to recover. Grouping rooms, as an example, routinely hangs. I live rurally and my broadband is around 18MB however it is unstable so I may be experiencing something you will never see.

But you rarely actually use Sonos, you spend most of your time in Spotify or Tune In Radio or what ever apps you want to use through Sonos. If you buy a speaker with Bluetooth and have Spotify the only advantage of Sonos is that you can sync rooms more easily, something we virtually never use.

I use it every day mate. It's OK but as I said, buggy. The entire app will hang from time to time and the music stops while you wait for it to recover. Grouping rooms, as an example, routinely hangs. I live rurally and my broadband is around 18MB however it is unstable so I may be experiencing something you will never see.

But you rarely actually use Sonos, you spend most of your time in Spotify or Tune In Radio or what ever apps you want to use through Sonos. If you buy a speaker with Bluetooth and have Spotify the only advantage of Sonos is that you can sync rooms more easily, something we virtually never use.
    I've bought it more for the telly than for music, I have UE Boom in the kitchen which is more than sufficient for that job. Ordered the Playbar, Sub and 2x Sonos Ones.

My broadband is up in the 50's MB consistently

If I had to do it over again, I'd just but one of these for the main room and smaller Bluetooth speakers for bedrooms and such

https://www.devialet.com/

If I had to do it over again, I'd just but one of these for the main room and smaller Bluetooth speakers for bedrooms and such

https://www.devialet.com/
    I've got the Sky Devialet system in the playroom and that's excellent value for £250!

I've got the Sky Devialet system in the playroom and that's excellent value for £250!
    Back to my original question - what does Sonos actually offer other than syncing rooms? Any Bluetooth speaker can be synced to an input, why do you think you need Sonos at all unless you really like their speakers?