Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sonos stuff ordered

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Their app is supposed to be utterly brilliant, not sure how long ago you used it.

I do have stupidly fast broadband, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I currently have a Denon AV receiver and crap little Panasonic speakers with a decent sub that I got off Ears. The Sonos sub is supposed to be awesome and I now have full surround with no wires. It has 100 day no quibble returns on all Sonos stuff, so I guess if it's not that great I'll send it back.
    The playbar and sub are pretty decent, if you're looking to boost the TV.
    As WES said, the muti-room thing doesn't really pan out for me. You don't often go to the effort of syncing up speakers in your bedroom, bathroom, garden shed. It still boils down to a couple of rooms, tops.
    I've often toyed with the idea of forking out for one of these. Reviews are great and if you're not into throwing 3 or 4 grand at a top system set up and like the idea of one box of tricks..

https://www.johnlewis.com/naim-audio...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    The playbar and sub are pretty decent, if you're looking to boost the TV.
    As WES said, the muti-room thing doesn't really pan out for me. You don't often go to the effort of syncing up speakers in your bedroom, bathroom, garden shed. It still boils down to a couple of rooms, tops.
    I've often toyed with the idea of forking out for one of these. Reviews are great and if you're not into throwing 3 or 4 grand at a top system set up and like the idea of one box of tricks..

https://www.johnlewis.com/naim-audio...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    I'm not really an audiophile, just like simplicity and general ease of use plus wireless surround Sound. If I don't like Sonos stuff I will just send it back and get an upgraded AV receiver and KEF speakers

I do like the look of that Naim system but to be honest I'm quite happy listening to music on my UE or via my Bose headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    All you need to know is that if what they're listening too through their sophisticated rigs is a lossy mp3 then they might as well be listening to a cassette, as 90% of what was recorded has been deleted.

:bluetouchpaper:

I don't know if it'll be as fun to say that as it used to be in Jorge's day.
    Absolutely correct , a.

And any speaker which is reliant on bluetooth for connectivity is, quite frankly, going to be shíte.

And surround sound? A decent subwoofer, central speaker and left and right will do you.

Speakers? PMC is the way to go, I'm afraid. Though 2nd hand will do you.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    But you could connect any Bluetooth speaker to your telly. And as I said, you rarely actually use Sonos as an application. You turn it on, select where you want to play something and then go into the application you use to select music. If you play music in one room the overwhelming majority of the time (as we do) and/or you almost always use one telly (as we do) you will hardly ever use their software.

Sorry to be a downer mate, but I've had it for 7 or 8 years now I think and would not buy it again.
    Buy a Sonos Boost

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Buy a Sonos Boost
    £99 so that Sonos works properly? I'd rather they fixed their software. It's an idea, though.

I find it intensely irritating that I can be surfing the internet and streaming movies without any issue but Sonos will then choke at the slightest disruption. They should make their software work better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    £99 so that Sonos works properly? I'd rather they fixed their software. It's an idea, though.

I find it intensely irritating that I can be surfing the internet and streaming movies without any issue but Sonos will then choke at the slightest disruption. They should make their software work better imo.
    £84 on Smart Home Sounds but if you're using a wireless service and by your own admission your wireless is not great, then surely it's a small price to pay for a fully functioning piece of kit?