Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone who dislikes making mayonnaise. This method is literally,

Anyone who dislikes making mayonnaise. This method is literally,

and I literally mean literally, life changing. My life has been changed. Literally.

Just use a stick blender. All your concerns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    and I literally mean literally, life changing. My life has been changed. Literally.

Wow. For some reason I’ve always found mayo more difficult than other emulsions. Will deffo do this.
    Does it have to be coconut oil, though?

This modern fascination with coconut oil is the work of deviants

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Wow. For some reason I’ve always found mayo more difficult than other emulsions. Will deffo do this.
    Does it have to be coconut oil, though?
    Nope. I use one egg yolk, some mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice, 200 ml vegetable oil, 50 ml olive oil. Bosh. Done in 30 seconds. The ingredients aren't important, just the method. Be sure that the stick goies right to the bottom and covers the egg yolk for the first ten seconds. And you need the tall, narrow jug to create the vortex. But it's so simple, so quick, and it never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    This modern fascination with coconut oil is the work of deviants
    Ignore the ingredients. Use your own mayonnaise recipe. It's the method that makes the difference.

Nope. I use one egg yolk, some mustard, salt, pepper, lemon juice, 200 ml vegetable oil, 50 ml olive oil. Bosh. Done in 30 seconds. The ingredients aren't important, just the method. Be sure that the stick goies right to the bottom and covers the egg yolk for the first ten seconds. And you need the tall, narrow jug to create the vortex. But it's so simple, so quick, and it never fails.
    I'm tempted to try this with the nutribullet. It also blends from the bottom but it could fail as the stick blender smothers the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I'm tempted to try this with the nutribullet. It also blends from the bottom but it could fail as the stick blender smothers the egg.
    You're not going to get the vortex effect with the nutribullet imo. The jug needs to be narrow.

I thought olive oil was a very strict no-no.

Note I have never made mayonaisse.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I thought olive oil was a very strict no-no.

Note I have never made mayonaisse.
    It's too strongly flavoured to use as the main oil, but add something extra if you use a bit.

It's too strongly flavoured to use as the main oil, but add something extra if you use a bit.

And to get to the basics what sort of shelf life are we dealing with here?

Seems a bit of a palaver to go through if for example you are simply making a sandwich for a lunchtime snack on a Saturday, tuna for example, or perhaps ham and cheese.

One may not have any plans for another repast that involves the egg based condiment so what to do.

Chuck it?