Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Today's the day He clears His desk, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    If you imagine him playing where Silva and KDB do for City you can imagine it working provided Arteta can teach him some positional sense and he improves his ball retention i.e. loses the silly flicks and gets more physical. Be an interesting one as I think that is his best position.

New Keeper
    Hector Bubble New CB New LB
    New DM
    Ramsey Xhaka
    Mikkie Lacazette Aubameyang

Feels right imo
    Four new first team players. Four.

Have you seen the state of the transfer market? How much money do you think we have to spend?

Oh, sorry, I forgot your exciting theory that the money available for transfers is infinite because football exists outside the physical boundaries of reality. Silly of me.

If you imagine him playing where Silva and KDB do for City you can imagine it working provided Arteta can teach him some positional sense and he improves his ball retention i.e. loses the silly flicks and gets more physical. Be an interesting one as I think that is his best position.

New Keeper
    Hector Bubble New CB New LB
    New DM
    Ramsey Xhaka
    Mikkie Lacazette Aubameyang

Feels right imo
    You are assuming he will just try to do a carbon copy of City which is fair enough.

Perhaps he has his own ideas to a degree and will look to cut his cloth according to the talents he has.

I would suggest it very unlikely the new Bubble lad will be in the first 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Have you seen the state of the transfer market? How much money do you think we have to spend?

Oh, sorry, I forgot your exciting theory that the money available for transfers is infinite because football exists outside the physical boundaries of reality. Silly of me.
    Arteta is surely looking at 2-3 minimum, if the midfield issue of Wilshere and Ramsey is not resolved then 4.

It is where we are I'm afraid.

Time for Stan and Ivan to "pony up" as the saying goes.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You are assuming he will just try to do a carbon copy of City which is fair enough.

Perhaps he has his own ideas to a degree and will look to cut his cloth according to the talents he has.

Ornstien has spoken!! Allegri still in the mix

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

We have loads of money to spend, the financial statements of the club say so and have done for some years now.

Although you don't need to spend loads of money to get a good player if you know what you're doing. See Mo Salah.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

It would surprise me if he played anything other then some variant of 433, seems to be flavor of the month and suits who we have available.

Bubble is a reach, I'm just desperate to imagine an Arsenal CB who isn't currently a pile of c*nt and based on recent performances he's about the only one who isn't nailed on.

We have loads of money to spend, the financial statements of the club say so and have done for some years now.

Although you don't need to spend loads of money to get a good player if you know what you're doing. See Mo Salah.
    Who was purchased before PSG decided to spend £100m on Neymar, tfr fees have now gone to a new level so to get an established quality player for less than £45m will be rare
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Ornstien has spoken!! Allegri still in the mix
    We have a £50m warchest........supposedly

It would surprise me if he played anything other then some variant of 433, seems to be flavor of the month and suits who we have available.

Bubble is a reach, I'm just desperate to imagine an Arsenal CB who isn't currently a pile of c*nt and based on recent performances he's about the only one who isn't nailed on.
    I thought Chambers performed quite well towards the end of the season.

Caveat this by saying his improvement was based on coming from a ground zero of being absolutely fúcking ****e.