Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wenger Outers. Will you still be glad he's gone if we get Arteta?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I never said any such thing.
    Yeah you did. But it was your pre mid life crisis, health conscious phase when you were drinking, smoking and consuming drugs at a phenomenal rate so we'll forgive your lack of recall.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yeah you did. But it was your pre mid life crisis, health conscious phase when you were drinking, smoking and consuming drugs at a phenomenal rate so we'll forgive your lack of recall.
    I never said we would return to the glory days under Wenger; I don't believe such days are available to anyone without the financial clout of Chelsea and the Manchester clubs. The odd fluke like Leicester winnig the title of Liverpool reaching a CL final doesn't change that.

I always said we'd be OK. I always said we'd be there or thereabouts. And we have been. 20 years of CL qualification. 3 FA cups in 4 years. A second place finish a couple of years ago. We've been there or thereabouts as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Genuine question.

I'm not trying to start a fight or prove a point.

If this had been 3/4 years ago and we were getting Klopp, fine, Cheerio AW.

But Arteta?

I'd have kept AW for one more year on the condition he used a defensive coach (as he apparently used Keown in 2004).

This team isn't that far away. Yup, more by luck than judgement (Auba and Laca complementing each other, swapping Alexis for Mhikky etc). So maybe Arteta will do.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Getting Arteta in because we are in too weak a position now to attract one of the elite managers does not vindicate keeping Wenger on any longer. This team is light years away - goalkeeper, the entire defence and the defensive midfield options are not even close to good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes, exciting, or if not exciting then certainly not something to be in fear of.

New coach, new ideas, let’s see how things pan out.

He has the bones of a very good team in 5-6 players so with a few new players and perhaps more tactical instruction, or perhaps discipline instead of instruction, we might see a bright future.
    He's going to try and make us City but without the required calibre of player.

Both Nelson Vivas and Giovanni Van Bronkhorst have far more managerial experience than Arteta.

I would finish that with an imo but it’s the cold hard indisputable fact.

Nelson would be interesting given the huge success of ex Argentinan players from that time period in European management.

Incredible gamble from Ivan given someone like Ancellotti didn’t even get a look.

I should just mention Vieira who seems a bit upset...I could never tell with him. Down the years he’s always been one to say one thing to the press, say something else to us and do something completely different in the pitch so it’s probably bs that he’s upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    He's going to try and make us City but without the required calibre of player.
    Very negative approach there Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Getting Arteta in because we are in too weak a position now to attract one of the elite managers does not vindicate keeping Wenger on any longer. This team is light years away - goalkeeper, the entire defence and the defensive midfield options are not even close to good enough.
    Lol. You got what you fůcking wanted and still you whine. Worse than my 3 yr old.

Quote Originally Posted by Wexiteer View Post
    Lol. You got what you fůcking wanted and still you whine. Worse than my 3 yr old.
    What a well balanced and thought through comment, w.

Welcome, you're obviously a massive ****, so you'll fit right in here
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

This is quality work, w, especially given the earliness of the hour.

Welcome aboard, W.