Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wenger Outers. Will you still be glad he's gone if we get Arteta?

Yes! Yes! Oh my god yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Genuine question.

I'm not trying to start a fight or prove a point.

If this had been 3/4 years ago and we were getting Klopp, fine, Cheerio AW.

But Arteta?

I'd have kept AW for one more year on the condition he used a defensive coach (as he apparently used Keown in 2004).

This team isn't that far away. Yup, more by luck than judgement (Auba and Laca complementing each other, swapping Alexis for Mhikky etc). So maybe Arteta will do.
    mrmfklrmflrkafm

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Genuine question - you think that if Arteta tries to implement the Pep style of play that it will suit our favourite Welsher?

Personally, I can't think of a player less suited to it. You need to be positionally aware in Pep's system (not just endlessly running forward) and possession is king, those who regularly give it away under pressure soon find themselves seated.

Not to say that he can't be taught to play that way, but it will certainly require a change from how he plays now, yes?
    Ramsey will be sold so no point worrying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    This is most disappointing. I think he's been our best player since Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    This is most disappointing. I think he's been our best player since Christmas.
    Thanks Rich. I shall keep a link to this post for the next time someone tries to defend the useless Welsh c*nt