Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Wenger Outers. Will you still be glad he's gone if we get Arteta?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One of the best things Arsene managed to do was mess with the head of a certain type of individual. It's amazing to me that the genial Frenchman was able to drive the less cerebrally blessed to the verge of requiring therapy just be doing his job incredibly well.
    Now, now Charles - play nicely.

Wenger drove a great many people to the verge of requiring therapy by doing his job poorly, the same way, over and over again, for about 8 years.

Everyone loved him in 2006, Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Now, now Charles - play nicely.

Wenger drove a great many people to the verge of requiring therapy by doing his job poorly, the same way, over and over again, for about 8 years.

Everyone loved him in 2006, Charles.
    No further questions, your honour.

No further questions, your honour.
    You're on thin ice here, Charles. For years people like you and Monty assured those who questioned Wenger that he would turn it around, that we were having a temporary blip that would disappear due to his genius and we would return to the glory years.

Subsequent events have proven this to have been utterly incorrect and that those questioning his performance were actually spot on.

I'd suggest that this might not be the time for *you* to be questioning *their* understanding of the game.

You're on thin ice here, Charles. For years people like you and Monty assured those who questioned Wenger that he would turn it around, that we were having a temporary blip that would disappear due to his genius and we would return to the glory years.

Subsequent events have proven this to have been utterly incorrect and that those questioning his performance were actually spot on.

I'd suggest that this might not be the time for *you* to be questioning *their* understanding of the game.
    I never said any such thing.

I never said any such thing.
    Yeah you did. But it was your pre mid life crisis, health conscious phase when you were drinking, smoking and consuming drugs at a phenomenal rate so we'll forgive your lack of recall.

Yeah you did. But it was your pre mid life crisis, health conscious phase when you were drinking, smoking and consuming drugs at a phenomenal rate so we'll forgive your lack of recall.
    I never said we would return to the glory days under Wenger; I don't believe such days are available to anyone without the financial clout of Chelsea and the Manchester clubs. The odd fluke like Leicester winnig the title of Liverpool reaching a CL final doesn't change that.

I always said we'd be OK. I always said we'd be there or thereabouts. And we have been. 20 years of CL qualification. 3 FA cups in 4 years. A second place finish a couple of years ago. We've been there or thereabouts as promised.