Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wenger Outers. Will you still be glad he's gone if we get Arteta?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes, exciting, or if not exciting then certainly not something to be in fear of.

New coach, new ideas, let’s see how things pan out.

He has the bones of a very good team in 5-6 players so with a few new players and perhaps more tactical instruction, or perhaps discipline instead of instruction, we might see a bright future.
    Genuine question - you think that if Arteta tries to implement the Pep style of play that it will suit our favourite Welsher?

Personally, I can't think of a player less suited to it. You need to be positionally aware in Pep's system (not just endlessly running forward) and possession is king, those who regularly give it away under pressure soon find themselves seated.

Not to say that he can't be taught to play that way, but it will certainly require a change from how he plays now, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes, exciting, or if not exciting then certainly not something to be in fear of.

New coach, new ideas, let’s see how things pan out.

He has the bones of a very good team in 5-6 players so with a few new players and perhaps more tactical instruction, or perhaps discipline instead of instruction, we might see a bright future.
    A bright future .. That there is a statement we’ve long since forgotten and speaking as a dribbling spastic, I found myself in brief moments of joy at the concept of Sean Dyche, Ronald Koeman and even Google Withers taking over the reins.. Such were the ends which Wengers continuation had effected upon my soul...22 years FFS

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    A bright future .. That there is a statement we’ve long since forgotten and speaking as a dribbling spastic, I found myself in brief moments of joy at the concept of Sean Dyche, Ronald Koeman and even Google Withers taking over the reins.. Such were the ends which Wengers continuation had effected upon my soul...22 years FFS
    One of the best things Arsene managed to do was mess with the head of a certain type of individual. It's amazing to me that the genial Frenchman was able to drive the less cerebrally blessed to the verge of requiring therapy just be doing his job incredibly well.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Genuine question - you think that if Arteta tries to implement the Pep style of play that it will suit our favourite Welsher?

Personally, I can't think of a player less suited to it. You need to be positionally aware in Pep's system (not just endlessly running forward) and possession is king, those who regularly give it away under pressure soon find themselves seated.

Not to say that he can't be taught to play that way, but it will certainly require a change from how he plays now, yes?
    He played the way AW wanted him to play, we have established this many times, it wasn't as if he was told to do something and did somthing complately different..... the crap Welsher had a hand in more goals last season than our £350k a week German
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One of the best things Arsene managed to do was mess with the head of a certain type of individual. It's amazing to me that the genial Frenchman was able to drive the less cerebrally blessed to the verge of requiring therapy just be doing his job incredibly well.
    Now, now Charles - play nicely.

Wenger drove a great many people to the verge of requiring therapy by doing his job poorly, the same way, over and over again, for about 8 years.

Everyone loved him in 2006, Charles.

Now, now Charles - play nicely.

Wenger drove a great many people to the verge of requiring therapy by doing his job poorly, the same way, over and over again, for about 8 years.

Everyone loved him in 2006, Charles.
    No further questions, your honour.

Ah, but you see, more active and progressive types are less inclined towards maintaining the status quo. One needs occasionally to challenge the accepted wisdom, especially when it’s predicated on the basis of, well, ‘thats how we’ve always done things around here ‘ This isn’t some type of knee jerk fandom but a recognition for change.. One of the reasons why women walk out on a marriage after 15 years, leaving some poor disillusioned soul into wondering why 😀

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Ah, but you see, more active and progressive types are less inclined towards maintaining the status quo. One needs occasionally to challenge the accepted wisdom, especially when it’s predicated on the basis of, well, ‘thats how we’ve always done things around here ‘ This isn’t some type of knee jerk fandom but a recognition for change.. One of the reasons why women walk out on a marriage after 15 years, leaving some poor disillusioned soul into wondering why 😀
    Oddly, I thought of exactly this prallel the other week. I remember my wife telling me bitterly that I had reduced us to a statistic... And The Arsenal is now just the same as any other shoddy outfit, a West Ham or Everton, having relegated Arsene to just a statistic. Just another managerial caualty. Just another (once great) football club.

No further questions, your honour.
    You're on thin ice here, Charles. For years people like you and Monty assured those who questioned Wenger that he would turn it around, that we were having a temporary blip that would disappear due to his genius and we would return to the glory years.

Subsequent events have proven this to have been utterly incorrect and that those questioning his performance were actually spot on.

I'd suggest that this might not be the time for *you* to be questioning *their* understanding of the game.

You're on thin ice here, Charles. For years people like you and Monty assured those who questioned Wenger that he would turn it around, that we were having a temporary blip that would disappear due to his genius and we would return to the glory years.

Subsequent events have proven this to have been utterly incorrect and that those questioning his performance were actually spot on.

I'd suggest that this might not be the time for *you* to be questioning *their* understanding of the game.
    I never said any such thing.