Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Charles - did you manage to consume all of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why would you fúck about with a burger?
    I’m not. I’m making a meatloaf sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    And you think that makes it OK??? I don't comment on food threads normally, but meatloaf is weird
    Why don't you comment on food threads then? Do you think you're somehow above the vulgarity of food? Are you better than the rest of us in some way in the matter of comestibles? Have you found a way to live without engaging in the dreadfully boring business of eating?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Worse - you mix mince with breadcrumbs and bake it.
    There's worse things in life than a handful of breadcrumbs.

I add breadcrumbs to forcemeat.

Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Bake? Maybe in your barbarian homelands, but this game recipe is braised in the sauce of porcini, tomatoes, wine and porcini steeping liquor. It is quite delicious.
    You braise mince which has been mixed with breadcrumbs? Or mince on its own?

Both sound vile. As is traditional meatloaf, which is baked. I'm assuming the traditional meatloaf is the Yankee one as as far as I know, no one else eats it.

I’m not. I’m making a meatloaf sandwich.
    It's a compressed mince sandwich.

Why don't you comment on food threads then? Do you think you're somehow above the vulgarity of food? Are you better than the rest of us in some way in the matter of comestibles? Have you found a way to live without engaging in the dreadfully boring business of eating?
    I don't comment because I'm not really a food buff' i'm not into cooking so don't feel as though it is my place to comment on a subject i am not an expert... now if only WES had the same thoughts about football
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You braise mince which has been mixed with breadcrumbs? Or mince on its own?

Both sound vile. As is traditional meatloaf, which is baked. I'm assuming the traditional meatloaf is the Yankee one as as far as I know, no one else eats it.
    Well since this is a traditional Tuscan recipe, I’m going to say you’re wrong there.

It's a compressed mince sandwich.
    You say that like it’s a bad thing.

You say that like it’s a bad thing.
    You told me once that an accident roll was bad, being mince in a bun. NOW you reckon mince in a sandwich is God's gift to the alimentary passages

Well since this is a traditional Tuscan recipe, I’m going to say you’re wrong there.
    Well you learn something new every day. Italians make meat loaf. Well, that's Italian food down one notch on the WES rankings.

So what is this Tuscan recipe, braised mince or braised mince with breadcrumbs? And why braise mince? Surely it would be far nicer to braise chunks of the meat used to make mince and let them break apart beautifully with time? I can't imagine why anyone would mince it prior to braising it.