Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I must say, I do like the way the Israelis don't fvck about.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of its nature it cannot be. It is for each nation's government to protect its people.
    I mean universal in the sense of all countries. All governments, at least. (Not all nations have governments, and some nations are in multiple countries.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I mean universal in the sense of all countries. All governments, at least. (Not all nations have governments, and some nations are in multiple countries.)
    Of course. All governments must protect their people as they see fit. However, that is not a carte blanche for external aggression.

Of course. All governments must protect their people as they see fit. However, that is not a carte blanche for external aggression.
    Right. So, for example, a secular government is entitled to defend against an externally-funded (and staffed) assault by head-chopping jihadis?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Right. So, for example, a secular government is entitled to defend against an externally-funded (and staffed) assault by head-chopping jihadis?
    Yes, well here we get into questions of justification, don't we? The US and UK justified their actions in Iraq in 2003 on the basis of preventing another 9/11. That claim looks a bit sick now, though, doesn't it? In other words, where a clear and present danger to the country and its people cannot be proved, it is more difficult to claim an entitlement to overseas action.

Presumably, all the usual hand-wringers whining about it think they should just have let these fvcking savages smash down its borders and attack its citizens with only the prospect of a stern telling off to deter them?

Fvck that.
    I don't know why they don't just kill them all. I suppose it's a bit like the Aborigines in Australia. Just keep pushing them further and further out into the desert. Eventually they all just perish of their own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I don't know why they don't just kill them all. I suppose it's a bit like the Aborigines in Australia. Just keep pushing them further and further out into the desert. Eventually they all just perish of their own accord.
    More of an indictment of the other Arab Countries than of Israel. Israel does what it does. The other Arab countries, in accepting this state of affairs, are complicit in the death count.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    More of an indictment of the other Arab Countries than of Israel. Israel does what it does. The other Arab countries, in accepting this state of affairs, are complicit in the death count.
    Maybe the Pals should be offered a shítload of money to move to other Arab countries, then Israel gets Gaza and WB, gives back the Golan and is told "right, that's yer lot. There's your ethnically pure state, so build a wall round it and stay in there. And no more alliances with Wahabbism, and supporting AQ and ISIS". Everyone signs peace deals and goes home. Or to their new homes, for the Pals.

This may not be entirely serious.