Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MusicWIMB: What's the song where the slightly shouty chorus says

MusicWIMB: What's the song where the slightly shouty chorus says

"Put your hand up boy, when you talk to me".

Oh, and it starts with "This old man I write about" .. I think.

I've tried google and it just bombards me with some tiresome Grime track with a similar lyric.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    "Put your hand up boy, when you talk to me".

Oh, and it starts with "This old man I write about" .. I think.

I've tried google and it just bombards me with some tiresome Grime track with a similar lyric.
    Belly. Feed The Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Belly. Feed The Tree.
    1993 f'fuxake! That's the trouble with 6 Music. They don't tell you that a song is 25 years old and you go running off and telling people you've discovered a great new song and they say "oh.. must be a cover cos that song was out when I was a kid"

And I misheard .. it's "take your hat off boy when you talk to me" ...

1993 f'fuxake! That's the trouble with 6 Music. They don't tell you that a song is 25 years old and you go running off and telling people you've discovered a great new song and they say "oh.. must be a cover cos that song was out when I was a kid"

Yes. Discovering how long ago stuff happened is one of the most vertigo-inducing aspects of ageing. A song you still think of as modern turning out to have been written a quarter of a century ago is really quite upsetting.

Yes. Discovering how long ago stuff happened is one of the most vertigo-inducing aspects of ageing. A song you still think of as modern turning out to have been written a quarter of a century ago is really quite upsetting.
    I was fine .. until you just pointed out that 25 years is indeed a quarter of a century. Now I feel old and very very mortal. Hold me b

I was fine .. until you just pointed out that 25 years is indeed a quarter of a century. Now I feel old and very very mortal. Hold me b
    Someone ought to invent a smartphone app that identifies songs imo...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

"Take your hat off boy
    When you're talking to me"

Just poppin in to say that if that cùnt Peter sees you putting in a good word for the fine Tanya Donnelly he'll be an obnoxious cùnt about it.

When you've finished enjoying that song, and the other fine songs on the album Star (especially Slow Dog), and some of Tanya's excellent post-Belly solo work, then be sure to feast your ears upon the Throwing Muses, the band she formed back in about 1982 with her step-sister the amazing Kristin Hersh. I had the honour of seeing them on stage together again the other year at the Islington Assembly Hall.

Yes. I get this with Stereolab. I remember them from the early/mid-90s and having a massive crush on Laetitia Sadier.

Then I see a recent picture of her and she looks like someone’s nan

Yes. I get this with Stereolab. I remember them from the early/mid-90s and having a massive crush on Laetitia Sadier.

Then I see a recent picture of her and she looks like someone’s nan

Arteta's?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Arteta's?
    That's disgusting.

Women playing guitars is ucky.