Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Why has Lacazette looked so much better since March?

Why has Lacazette looked so much better since March?

1. Took half a season to adjust to the league and team like TH14 did.
    2. Wasn't fully fit till he had that op.
    3. Alexis didn't like him but Mhikky does, in terms of playing together.
    4. Confidence - after Auba gave him that penalty he hasn't looked back.
    5. Having Auba as a strike partner*.

This is the one positive I'm taking from the season. In Jan, I thought he was finished with us. That we'd spent £45m or whatever on someone who'd now be an unhappy bench-warmer.

But he's now got 8 goals and an assist in 10 games. He was vital for the goal yesterday and unlucky their keeper didn't go down when he tried the chip.

*Laca likes to drop deep - Bould said he can play as a no.10 - but before, that meant he had no-one ahead to pass to. Now he's got Auba and can link him with the MF.

We haven't had a proper strike partnership of 2 out and out strikers since the early '90s other than RVP and Ade which I never liked. I think these two will really complement each other and should be the first names on the team sheet.

Which I never thought would happen when we bought Auba. Silver lining or straw clutching?

he came back from injury and its 1st season.
    clearly a good player.
    and as you say Auba arrival seems to improved his playing.
    They work together quite well. they will score loads next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

This is the one positive I'm taking from the season. In Jan, I thought he was finished with us. That we'd spent £45m or whatever on someone who'd now be an unhappy bench-warmer.

But he's now got 8 goals and an assist in 10 games. He was vital for the goal yesterday and unlucky their keeper didn't go down when he tried the chip.

*Laca likes to drop deep - Bould said he can play as a no.10 - but before, that meant he had no-one ahead to pass to. Now he's got Auba and can link him with the MF.

We haven't had a proper strike partnership of 2 out and out strikers since the early '90s other than RVP and Ade which I never liked. I think these two will really complement each other and should be the first names on the team sheet.

Which I never thought would happen when we bought Auba. Silver lining or straw clutching?
    It all depends on Mikel now, g. Perhaps he fancies a 4-4-2? I think I'd like that, if for no better reason than to piss jorge off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    he came back from injury and its 1st season.
    clearly a good player.
    and as you say Auba arrival seems to improved his playing.
    They work together quite well. they will score loads next season.
    That is my hope. As I say, the one +ve.

I'd forgotten what it was like having a proper strike partnership and I've missed it. If they're both scoring with roughly the same regularity, you're happy as long as one of them has scored. Where with just one striker, a barren spell of 3-4 games gets you worried.

If there was some magic Gilberto to buy somewhere, I'd like us to use our 2006 CL 4-1-4-1 formation.

Auba-Ozil-Rambo-Mhikky behind Laca.

That could be a sort of Pires-Cesc-Hleb-Freddie.

Mhikky's got much better stats than Alexis since they swapped and Rambo's got about 3 in 4 for goals and assists combined.

But we need a proper, holding DM for it to work. {And 2 CHs and a goalie.}

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It all depends on Mikel now, g. Perhaps he fancies a 4-4-2? I think I'd like that, if for no better reason than to piss jorge off.
    I fancy the 4-1-4-1 I suggest above. As long as Mikel doesn't think that the Gilberto type DM he needs is a player like Arteta.

He did really well to play there for the benefit of the team, but we need someone who just shields the back 4 for it to work. Not a creative type sitting deep who won't track back and defend like Xhaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Still missed a sitter there yesterday..far too cute with that attempted lob . I realize i am being fussy ...

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Still missed a sitter there yesterday..far too cute with that attempted lob . I realize i am being fussy ...
    If you were being fussy you would have realised it was a chip not a lob