Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: While I don’t particularly want Arteta I’m quite curious to see how it

While I don’t particularly want Arteta I’m quite curious to see how it

Plays out. I hope he brings Xabi Alonso with him. It will be nice to have two fine looking chaps standing on the sidelines. It’s all going to be very different next season. Probably a new CB pairing and keeper, Ramsey probably won’t be here either. Exciting.

������������������������

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Plays out. I hope he brings Xabi Alonso with him. It will be nice to have two fine looking chaps standing on the sidelines. It’s all going to be very different next season. Probably a new CB pairing and keeper, Ramsey probably won’t be here either. Exciting.
    Ramsey has probably been our best player in recent weeks/months. A shame to see him leave, imho.

Still, I think Maitland Niles can become a great player in the same position so it's not all bad. It seems the new manager will be working with a very small transfer budget so selling Ramsey may help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Ramsey has probably been our best player in recent weeks/months. A shame to see him leave, imho.

Still, I think Maitland Niles can become a great player in the same position so it's not all bad. It seems the new manager will be working with a very small transfer budget so selling Ramsey may help a lot.
    The best bit will be you ****ing off to Chelsea

The best bit will be you ****ing off to Chelsea
    The thing is, they're a bit rubbish too. I'd like to support Liverpool but I think it should be a London club, really.

I'd rather Arteta than some bloody stranger. The man has captained the Arsenal, after all.

And he knows where Pep gets his drugs from.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd rather Arteta than some bloody stranger. The man has captained the Arsenal, after all.

Does Mikel fully understand the risks that football management would bring for his hair though? He'll be grey within a year, probably going bald by year two.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Well, there has to be something positive from the tooth-loosing, lego-haired Captain of our underwhelming period.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

At this rate we might as well get Sean Dyche imo

Can’t do much worse...oh yes we can..let’s get a no2 freshie with zero experience and a bad hair cut imo

His wife is preeeeety tasty though. I’ll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    At this rate we might as well get Sean Dyche imo

Can’t do much worse...oh yes we can..let’s get a no2 freshie with zero experience and a bad hair cut imo

His wife is preeeeety tasty though. I’ll give him that.
    I'm really trying to reconcile my differences with the appointment. It seems we have changed the model and we're going down the route of a head coach to coach the players and set them up, a head of recruitment to sign players they feel will benefit the team, a director of football to manage football related operations, a CEO to manage the business side and a head of youth development to manage the kids.

It could work and I accept that Allegri/Enrique wouldn't fit into this system - they're both managers that want to make decisions on transfers etc.

Despite this, it really doesn't matter that Arteta knows Pep's tactics. We don't have nigh on £1billion worth of footballer to execute it. Pep might let Arteta pinch some of his rejects, though. If they sign Neymar we might get Sane