Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So this weekend will be John Motson's last commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Davies used to frown upon punch-ups on the pitch
    "This is a side of the game we really don't wish to endure"

Oh belt up Barry !
    Yes. He also used to get very po-faced about pitch invaders and streakers. Tw@t.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. He also used to get very po-faced about pitch invaders and streakers. Tw@t.
    He lacked the sheer, joyless, grimly soul-sucking hatred of the game that characterises Alan Green's work, though.

The only problem with Barry Davies was that he always seemed a bit too keen to make it clear that he was a cut above these other commentator types and had been to University.
    Couldn't stand him. Pompous arse best summed up by his commentary on our cup replay against Newcastle in 2002, when he seemed reluctant to break away from his diatribe about our supposedly weakened team and lack of respect for the competition to commentate on the goal we had just scored to put us one up within a couple of minutes. We were 2-0 up before 10 minutes had gone, the goalscorers being Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp. Also the game Bobby did his knee in which I blame Davies for

Scouse cvnt?
    yeah that's the one

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He lacked the sheer, joyless, grimly soul-sucking hatred of the game that characterises Alan Green's work, though.
    Yes. Green is a very peculiar creature. I used to think he just hated football fans, which I thought was fair enough, but no, he does seem to hate football itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    yeah that's the one
    He seemed to do all our away defeats to the "lesser" teams this season

Yes. Green is a very peculiar creature. I used to think he just hated football fans, which I thought was fair enough, but no, he does seem to hate football itself.
    I can't listen to him. I think there was one match recently when I tried but between him and Danny **** **** **** Mills I had to switch the radio off

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I can't listen to him. I think there was one match recently when I tried but between him and Danny **** **** **** Mills I had to switch the radio off
    How did Danny Mills get a gig as a pundit? He's as thick as two short planks.

Danny Murphy's sh1t as well. Not as stupid, but still sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ah! Danny Mills

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I like Alan Green