Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So this weekend will be John Motson's last commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I like Alan Green
    But why? He's relentlessly hectoring, snide, hypercritical, mean-spirited an...oh, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I like Alan Green
    I remember listening to Radio 5 years ago when the studio went across to Goodison Park for Alan Green's update on Everton v Whoever and the update amounted to "this is absolutely dire. Back to the studio."

He's generally a bit of ****, mind
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I remember listening to Radio 5 years ago when the studio went across to Goodison Park for Alan Green's update on Everton v Whoever and the update amounted to "this is absolutely dire. Back to the studio."

He's generally a bit of ****, mind
    Remember how much everyone used to be in love with Stuart Hall and his whimsical match reports?

Then he turned out to be a nonce. Not so whimsical.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Remember how much everyone used to be in love with Stuart Hall and his whimsical match reports?

Then he turned out to be a nonce. Not so whimsical.
    Are you suggesting that Alan Green is a nonce?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be honest, I don't really care. Always hated him as a commentator. Literally never once has he said anything interesting or enlightening.

In short: good riddance, Motson.

He's no Brian Moore
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman