Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PEA, shoo-in for Golden boot next season

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    New manager is going to inherit quite a lot to be fair, a decent sprinkling of talent all over and especially in attack.

All the more mystifying the sometimes abject level of performance the current manager has managed to get.

Wenger out!
    I can only expect that nobody at the club had to answer to anybody.
    From Wenger (until just recently) or the players.

I am annoyed Iwobi scored as it may fool someone in keeping him.

Steve Bould has the appearance of the village idiot. At least you used to see Pat Rice getting a bit animated occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I can only expect that nobody at the club had to answer to anybody.
    From Wenger (until just recently) or the players.

I am annoyed Iwobi scored as it may fool someone in keeping him.

Steve Bould has the appearance of the village idiot. At least you used to see Pat Rice getting a bit animated occasionally.
    You could always tell with PR as his special glasses got more tinted the angrier he got. SB just constantly looks to me in a dilemma whether to have a madras or bhuna that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Oh it's purely based on an intellectual interest, I have no more emotional ties with the man. Slight tug at the heart watching him wave, but only slight.

Discover any new eating establishments with V on your trip? I'm back at the Drunken Duck post Christmas.
    I was practising for retirement, so very much enjoyed fish and chips at the Old Keswickian on a Tuesday, when they do a pensioner's special of haddock, chips, bread and butter and tea at £6.25. Bargain.

Otherwise I cooked at home, in our little housey halfway up our fell, looking out at the sheeps and birds. :sigh:

The Drucken Duck has gone mental, I'm told. They lost a bit of quality and lost business, which they've tried to make up for with some rdiculous price increases. It doesn't sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was practising for retirement, so very much enjoyed fish and chips at the Old Keswickian on a Tuesday, when they do a pensioner's special of haddock, chips, bread and butter and tea at £6.25. Bargain.

Otherwise I cooked at home, in our little housey halfway up our fell, looking out at the sheeps and birds. :sigh:

The Drucken Duck has gone mental, I'm told. They lost a bit of quality and lost business, which they've tried to make up for with some rdiculous price increases. It doesn't sound good.
    Hmmm - well it was up to its usual standard and I didn't notice any difference in price in December. Was still heaving with locals as well. Thanks for preparing me to be disappointed. And there was me looking forward to it.

I once almost eat in there, but found the people surrounding me too distasteful and fled for the haven of The Dog and Gun and its goulash instead.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Hmmm - well it was up to its usual standard and I didn't notice any difference in price in December. Was still heaving with locals as well. Thanks for preparing me to be disappointed. And there was me looking forward to it.
    It was a local who told me all this, so he may have had an ulterior motive.

I have no reason to be in that area now we have moved out to the remote north west, anyway.

It was a local who told me all this, so he may have had an ulterior motive.

I have no reason to be in that area now we have moved out to the remote north west, anyway.
    Whereabouts are you looking at, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I once almost eat in there, but found the people surrounding me too distasteful and fled for the haven of The Dog and Gun and its goulash instead.
    Did you note Arsene's comment 'to the fans, I have just one word; 'I will miss you''

One word, indeed.

Whereabouts are you looking at, then?
    Well we went and saw this place...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-60448520.html

Oh I love the Old Keswickian. Also, the tea rooms just nearby does a tremendous club sandwich.

Mainly Keswick is all about Booths, though.