Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PEA, shoo-in for Golden boot next season

PEA, shoo-in for Golden boot next season

As Ian Wright pointed out on MotD he can sniff out an opportunity, the movement for his 1st was very Wright-like

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    As Ian Wright pointed out on MotD he can sniff out an opportunity, the movement for his 1st was very Wright-like
    Jesus - he's fast. I mean you tell that on TV but seeing him live is incredible. Just seems to glide

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Jesus - he's fast. I mean you tell that on TV but seeing him live is incredible. Just seems to glide
    Anelka / Overmars in their prime levels imo

Overmars little legs going 19 to the dozen
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

New Manager is going to inherit quite a striking partnership.

It all depends on the new manager and how he is deployed. With the modern 4-3-3 / 3-4-3 formations, he may have to come in from wide left.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    New Manager is going to inherit quite a striking partnership.
    New manager is going to inherit quite a lot to be fair, a decent sprinkling of talent all over and especially in attack.

All the more mystifying the sometimes abject level of performance the current manager has managed to get.

Wenger out!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    New manager is going to inherit quite a lot to be fair, a decent sprinkling of talent all over and especially in attack.

All the more mystifying the sometimes abject level of performance the current manager has managed to get.

Wenger out!
    There's a fascinating case study here for some sports psychologist (or just psychologist) with too much time on their hands.

'Explain to us, if you will Mr Psycho-chap, how a clearly very intelligent man with a track record of building wonderful teams and winning trophies, could oversee such a decline and, more specifically, how such a decline could occur because the same mistakes were made over and over again.'

I think the Psycho-chap would end up with a conclusion which references too much power, not enough accountability and how these things might affect the human mind no matter how intelligent the manager etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    There's a fascinating case study here for some sports psychologist (or just psychologist) with too much time on their hands.

'Explain to us, if you will Mr Psycho-chap, how a clearly very intelligent man with a track record of building wonderful teams and winning trophies, could oversee such a decline and, more specifically, how such a decline could occur because the same mistakes were made over and over again.'

I think the Psycho-chap would end up with a conclusion which references too much power, not enough accountability and how these things might affect the human mind no matter how intelligent the manager etc etc
    He's gone mate. It's over. Let it go.

Let the man rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

yes, yes, but apparently, Wenger is a very nice bloke.

Sounds like he spent too much time philosophising with the players and/or making them 'better people'.

Which, don't get me wrong, is nice and all that but isn't his job to actually manage a football team?

Anyway, is Boro Primorac fúcking off at the end of the season too? I assume his deals were linked to Arsene's so he's probably got a year left...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's gone mate. It's over. Let it go.

Let the man rest in peace.
    Oh it's purely based on an intellectual interest, I have no more emotional ties with the man. Slight tug at the heart watching him wave, but only slight.

Discover any new eating establishments with V on your trip? I'm back at the Drunken Duck post Christmas.