Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Any of you political types want to opine on these elections?

Any of you political types want to opine on these elections?

As someone who cares only that Corbyn never gets into power should I care about what happened?

Was any of it particularly good or bad for anyone and if so for whom and why?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    As someone who cares only that Corbyn never gets into power should I care about what happened?

From my limited data... Labour performed worse than expected due to the Racist/Jewish problem.. Cons didn't take advantage due to Brexit/Windrush concerns, LibDems did slightly better becasue nobody knows what they stand for. UKIP got wiped out as they are finnish
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Local elections, WES. They are essentially about voting for whichever party promises to empty the bins most often.

At least that's what determines my vote. Unless it's the Lib Dems, of course. They can phuck right off. The Illiberal Undemocrats.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

For Labour not to make significant gains against a Tory minority government that's been in power over 8 years and regularly tears itself apart over Brexit is nothing short of disastrous.

Perhaps more significant, though, is the swing to the Tories in the old Labour heartlands of the north and midlands. It's now clear that most of the tory vote is pro-Brexit and that's going to hold them to the fire on delivering it - regardless of what some Tory MPs and cabinet ministers want.

Not every election where you can actually vote for the Black Death. Well done UKIP.